Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Come on guys....
    To me it feels like working at the Dept of children and family services in the food stamps dept. Id rather mop the floor at a peep show at this point.

The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
    Feedback Score
    71 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper22 View Post
    I stopped hunting that area a long time ago due similar problems. People would mess with the vehicles.
    I hunt overlooking my truck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Akwards View Post
    Come on guys....
    What did I miss?
    I trust in the one true GOD the creator of all and Jesus my Lord and Savior. Amen. Roll Tide!!!

ODT Junkie!
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have had shots fired close by while hunting Nat. Forest . I holler loudly to let them know there are other folks close by . Dont care what nationality or color they are or what they are drinking . If I get shot it WILL be on purpose . Don't be scared of strangers . Cautious , yes .
    '' You won't last long in here if you are offended this easily, ''

Tracker
    Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    How common is it to see people out like this and/or poaching? I just got my license for the first time this year and would at least like to harvest some doe for meat. However, I would like to avoid any trouble. Would it be better try to find someone with property or a deer lease and pay some fee or offer a share of the meat? Unfortunately, none of my immediate family or friends are much into guns or hunting so it's hard to get sound advice.

- - - Updated - - -

How common is it to see people out like this and/or poaching? I just got my license for the first time this year and would at least like to harvest some doe for meat. However, I would like to avoid any trouble. Would it be better try to find someone with property or a deer lease and pay some fee or offer a share of the meat? Unfortunately, none of my immediate family or friends are much into guns or hunting so it's hard to get sound advice.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    That is why I don't hunt on WMAs during deer season....

Feedback Score
    79 (99%)
    I was shot on a wma a few years ago and all i can say is i will never go back to any of those places due to the dumb ass people and waste of air illegals that are on those lands! you should have done the world a favor and shot and buried them on the spot! next time, call the dnr!
    Family and friends are my choice of wealth!
    .308 is my choice of protection!

The Hen that laid the Golden Legos 07JKX's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    78 (100%)
    No blaze orange? If its brown its down... Wait..we are talking about deer right?

ODT Junkie!
    Feedback Score
    99 (100%)

Re: Deer Hunting on a WMA

Quote Originally Posted by jason.bellini View Post
    I was shot on a wma a few years ago and all i can say is i will never go back to any of those places due to the dumb ass people and waste of air illegals that are on those lands! you should have done the world a favor and shot and buried them on the spot! next time, call the dnr!
    you were SHOT on a wma???? That requires a story sir.....and pics.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make you fat...

Feedback Score
    194 (100%)
    His story and the scar he showed me is the reason I have not went on the WMA's. So I have not been able to hunt at all.
    Hog Hunter $350 ..... G44L Baby!

Feedback Score
    79 (99%)
    I was at redlands wma hunting behind the shooting range after it was shut down. I heard someone doing some random shooting when I felt a hard hit and pressure on my hip. I thought I must have popped a limb up or something but when i took another step, I felt a burning sensation and a needle like feeling in my side. I looked dow n and through my coveralls I was turning red...that's when I knew I had been hit. I was lucky that I was wearing such thick clothing because it was a 22LR that hit me! I was told it was my clothes that stopped the bullet from doing more damage. That's when I stopped hunting public land unless its a very low hunted land. And yes I had my orange on with an orange face mask as well!
    Family and friends are my choice of wealth!
    .308 is my choice of protection!