Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill of Sale

Crocodylus Pontifex
    Feedback Score
    196 (100%)
    GA Carry Contributor NRA Contributor Gun Owners of America Contributor DaveTheMinion Tribute

Bill of Sale

N Cochran has created a couple Bills of Sale, one for selling and one for trading. They will probably be tweaked a little in the next few days and if you have any suggestions for stuff that needs to be added or removed please post them in this thread.

Here are the links:

Firearm for Money Bill of Sale can be found here

Firearm for Firearm Trade Bill of Sale can be found here
    "Hands up no hat!" -captdave77

ODT Junkie!
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I made some a while back. A little simpler.

Sale: GUN BILL OF SALE.doc

Trade: GUN TRADE RECEIPT.doc

Requires a word processer (like MS Word) to open. Can be edited.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    IMHO, the bill of sale found here is more accurately worded than the Bill of Sales linked in the inital post.

The "Money Bill of Sale" linked in the inital post contains the clause "I have not been arrested for a crime of domestic violence" which in itself is not the limiting factor since an arrest does not constitute a conviction. The purpose of such a question should be to determine if the person is subject to any current court order due to an arrest or pending charges due to said arrest or essentially, "Is NOT a person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year."

The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
    Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    But why? Just sayin....
    Sileo Officium ........

Hunter
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Its funny how things grow and become more political
    Who brings the witness? The criminal?? Wheres the notary? Not legal.
    Last edited by Robo Cop; 01-20-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Banned

Feedback Score
    330 (100%)
    I know N.Cochran is an attorney, but I don't think I have even done a bill of sale with him and we have traded several times.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Thanks for posting the info for those who wish to use a bill of sale. I respect those who wish to use, even though it is not required by law. I have done it various ways, but always want both parties to be comfortable with the transaction.

DAN

ODT Junkie!
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)
    I made this bill of sale as an example, you can choose to use it or not, its a choice. Some people do and some don't. You are not required to use a bill of sale when conducting a transaction with a fellow resident of your state, in this case Georgia. Out of state you go through an FFL. Using a bill of sale is not a "must do" thing, but some are more comfortable with it. Use it if it makes you comfortable, tweek it, change it up. Just a form to start from and give you ideas. As to the portion addressing "arrested for an act of domestic violence". It is true, just being arrested is not the final limiting factor, but it is the safest route to take if you are really unsure about a person in a transaction. You do not want to find yourself having sold a firearm to someone restricted from owning a firearm. You have a duty to make sure the person receiving the firearm from you can legally do so. Remember, lawyers try and plan for worst case scenario. If you are comfortable with less security in your document then change it. Again, its a form for everyone here to use, change, not use, and think about. Be safe.
    Keep your actions clean and your sights straight.

ODT Junkie!
    Feedback Score
    89 (100%)
    DaveTheMinion Tribute
    Does anyone know If there is a limit (monthly/ yearly) to an individual selling, buying or trading firearms ? and if there is, and that individual goes over that limit, does that mean that they will need an ffl ? It's probably a dumb question but just wanted to know.
    Thanks,
    1coolhand
    Last edited by 1coolhand; 02-19-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron and one man sharpens another.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Great posts, Thanks for the information.