Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 698
  1. #1
    ODT Junkie!
    Bgolden84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Clayton/Woodstock ga
    Posts
    2,501
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

    My 1st and last ND Very nasty pics. I get to go back to work

    We all laugh and think of how stupid one must be when we see a self inflicted gun shot. I don't know exactly what the **** happened but I do know the outcome. I had a ruger LCR357 discharge through my left hand. I did not have my fingers in the trigger guard or on the trigger. It was time for the lcr to be cleaned. So I cupped my hand and went to open the cylinder and bang. The damn thing went off. I kept as calm as someone who had just been shot could be. Called 911 and the wife. Thank God my two year old was in a safe place.
    I just wanted to let you all know that even the safe and knowledgeable can make mistakes and bad **** can happen. Stay safe and God bless you all
    It was a critical defense jhp from Hornady
    Updated pictures in post # 407,428, and 431
    Updated on post 466
    First physical therapy appointment update post 539
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365576505558.jpg 
Views:	3760 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	180852  

    Last edited by Bgolden84; 02-22-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    if it was a .380 id still have ten fingers

  2. #2
    The Hen that laid the Golden Legos 300AAC-hoghunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lawrenceville
    Posts
    9,012
    Feedback Score
    137 (100%)
    DaveTheMinion Tribute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgolden84 View Post
    We all laugh and think of how stupid one must be when we see a self inflicted gun shot. I don't know exactly what the **** happened but I do know the outcome. I had a ruger LCR357 discharge through my left hand. I did not have my fingers in the trigger guard or on the trigger. It was time for the lcr to be cleaned. So I cupped my hand and went to open the cylinder and bang. The damn thing went off. I kept as calm as someone who had just been shot could be. Called 911 and the wife. Thank God my two year old was in a safe place.
    I just wanted to let you all know that even the safe and knowledgeable can make mistakes and bad **** can happen. Stay safe and God bless you all
    how the hell did you type that with your right hand?
    May 2nd....National Couch Dive Day

  3. #3
    ODT Junkie!
    Bgolden84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Clayton/Woodstock ga
    Posts
    2,501
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 300AAC-hoghunter View Post
    how the hell did you type that with your right hand?
    On my phone
    Tapatalk on a galaxy note 2 is awesome
    if it was a .380 id still have ten fingers

  4. #4
    The Hen that laid the Golden Legos 300AAC-hoghunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lawrenceville
    Posts
    9,012
    Feedback Score
    137 (100%)
    DaveTheMinion Tribute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgolden84 View Post
    On my phone
    Tapatalk on a galaxy note 2 is awesome
    Damn, just MOFO damn
    May 2nd....National Couch Dive Day

  5. #5
    Frontiersman joeylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Forsyth (city not county)
    Posts
    952
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Geez! that's pretty narly! hope u feel better soon!
    All citizens should have weapons, and only those with weapons should be citizens~ Aristotle's "Politics"

  6. #6
    ODT Junkie! GPBCRANE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cobb/Paulding
    Posts
    1,293
    Feedback Score
    102 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 300AAC-hoghunter View Post
    Damn, just MOFO damn
    ditto on the damn
    While invisible, I see and destroy

  7. #7
    ODT Junkie!
    Bgolden84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Clayton/Woodstock ga
    Posts
    2,501
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 300AAC-hoghunter View Post
    Damn, just MOFO damn
    You know the first thing I did was clear the weapon and make sure my son was ok. Then got the bleeding under control. My son was in another room. You always say that **** won't happen to me. Well it did. Please please please please be careful guys. I'm no dummy and I know that you are not supposed to aim a loaded weapon at your hand. But years of safety and confidence got a giant hole in my left hand
    if it was a .380 id still have ten fingers

  8. #8
    The Hen that laid the Golden Legos 300AAC-hoghunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lawrenceville
    Posts
    9,012
    Feedback Score
    137 (100%)
    DaveTheMinion Tribute
    well...thank god it wasnt your right hand

    take care of dat chit mang
    May 2nd....National Couch Dive Day

  9. #9
    ODT Junkie! Lockout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Locust grove / Hampton area
    Posts
    3,925
    Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    holly molly!!!!

    so I have never been shot, how did it feel then and now??
    GCO MEMBER , NRA MEMBER , GSSF MEMBER

  10. #10
    ODT Junkie!
    Bgolden84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Clayton/Woodstock ga
    Posts
    2,501
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockout View Post
    holly molly!!!!

    so I have never been shot, how did it feel then and now??
    Burn it burns so fing bad. It shattered every bone in my hand. My middle finger was toast. It was hanging by some skin. The best way I can try and describe it is this. The funny tingle feeling you get when you arm or foot falls asleep X 100000000000 then grab a molten hot chunk of steal and zip tie it to your hand. And the burn is the most odd feeling I have ever felt. Now after the surgery it's numb. But I know when the nerve block wears off this ain't gonna be fun. When it first happened they gave me 4 doses of fentinal (spelling is wrong I'm sure) and it didn't even take the edge off.
    if it was a .380 id still have ten fingers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •