ODT Junkie!
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sears Model 42-103 .22 Rifle (Marlin Model 80)

For sale is a Sears model 42-103 .22 rifle. This is a Sears version of the Marlin Model 80. It is a magazine fed Bolt Action Rifle that shoots .22 short, .22 long and .22 long rifle.

The numbers on the barrel: (Model 42-103.19791-.22 CAL. S.L. & L.R.)

The Marlin Model 80 was manufactured between 1935 and 1959 but I don't know the age of this rifle. Some variants of the model 80 were manufactured later.

The rifle is in very good condition and has been kept in a gun bag since it was purchased. The stock has some scratches from use but it is in overall nice condition. The bluing is still good, all the parts function perfectly and the gun shoots like it's supposed to. The rifle comes with two bolts. One is chrome and the other is blued.

The original vintage gun bag will also go to whomever purchases the rifle but I wouldn't want to use it because the padding on the inside of the gun bag will tend to get fuzz on the rifle. You might want to use a gun sock and then put it inside the original bag.

This rifle has the pre-drilled holes for mounting competition sights. It has machined grooves for scope mount as well.

My Asking Price is $130.00

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
    Last edited by WMSproject; 05-02-2011 at 03:56 PM.

ODT Junkie!
    Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    What county is Rocky Face ?

ODT Junkie!
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Whitfield County, Across the interstate 75 from Dalton. I split time between Calhoun (Gordon Count) as well.

ODT Junkie!
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Well, I've decided to keep the rifle. It shoots .22 shorts like a dream. The bolt doesn't strip the .22 shorts from the magazine very well so I have to help the round into the chamber. Other than that it shoots great.

I dematerialized two cats this morning that have been causing problems on my property. I have a guard dog that has been barking incessantly all night for a few days now. This morning I found out why. An orange tom cat that frequents my yard has shown up again with a collar and a brass bell. What idiot would fasten a brass bell to a tom cat and let him loose in the neighborhood at night. I wish I knew who did it. My Great Pyrenees dog has obviously been barking at that stupid cat with the bell going "DINGALING, RINGALING..." all night long. I've got up several times during the night but until this morning I've been unable to figure out what was keeping the dog awake and barking.

I should sleep good tonight.