• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta Range and Ordinance Newnan ga gun range review

K9duke

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
1/19/2013. Hello everyone. First ill start by saying I am a 15 year law enforcement vet. 12 years active SWAT and firearms instructor. I visited the new newnan gun range today. Now, I understand ammo is a little short right now and a lot of stores are jacking the ammo price up, taking advantage of people. I visited the range today so I could review them for my fellow officers and students that ask me all the time if its a good place to go. Within 3 min of being there I was sure I would never enter their doors again. They are quick to tell you they will not raise their ammo price! Sounds good right!? Lol. But they will only sell you the said ammo if you sign up with them and pay their high range price! Then you get the privilege to shoot said ammo. But don't try to leave with any! I can see limiting how much they sell to each person during this time but to only sell if you spend a lot of extra money is no deferent then the jerks jacking up the price of ammo to make a fast buck. The manager tried to make several of us feel better about this rule by saying he had a large order of all ammo arriving Monday. To that I said then sell me one of the 90 boxes of 40 on the shelf. That's plenty of ammo seeing as you close easily on Sunday and closed on Monday. He just laughed and said he couldn't keep his doors open that way...really!? Now , could I have told him who I was and would that have made a deference? Yes, probably would have. But I was trying to see how they would treat Jane/John Doe citizen. I will not have anything to do with a business that is run by people that think this way. I unfortunately will not have anything good to tell my students about what could have been a good business addition to coweta county

That's really unfortunate, I went out a couple of Thursdays ago and was able to buy ammo without signing up and bought two boxes of 9mm to take home. Maybe they have decided to change things up? I will say when I originally asked to buy some 9mm they were very hesitant... also, they were aware we were LE related.

thats funny..I went there with my wife last Sunday and had no problems. they were very professional and I also bought range ammo there,without signing up for anything. They did say the ammo was for in-house use,but they didnt check my range bag or anything when I left. I will definitely go back...just my .02

They are new. They are still testing and establishing their procedures. Give them some time. If they see this isn't working, they will do what they can to make it right.

Some clarification may be in order. I was told $15 an hour. Still a little high IMO but not over the top. I'm sure like all of you we have seen a BIG increase in ammo prices. Most say due to demand the ammo companies are charging more. NOT TRUE! Over the years I have made several good friends in the ammo making would. I have personally spoken to 5 of the largest ammo suppliers. They all say the same. Yes demand is up but will not last so none are investing in more equipment to up production. They have not increased price either. They are taking care of their military and LEO contracts first then everyone else. Things will get back to normal in a couple months. According to my sources. Now that said. Most places are finding a direct increase in price is setting people off. So the above mentioned store has just come up with a crafty way to earn the increased price without some people catching on. As for buying ammo last week. I am hearing the same. Seems like someone had one of those 3 am light bulb above the head kinda moment....Now seeing that there is more interest in this then I thought. I will get a couple of the guys over the next week to roll through there and see if they have the same issue. I am happy to see that people without a home range or access to land can have a place to go! That is a good thing for all of us gun freedom lovers. I certainly hope they figure it out.

$18.00 a hour not to bad--they get $15.00 for 1/2 hour at the little gun shop here on the island--not much shooting going on here-only other range is 1 hour away and there full of range nazi's

I went there tonight and bought some ammo. Had np problems at all, met the owner and some of the staff. They were very nice and even showed me around. Prices were not inflated, and for the money the range is very nice. This is a very nice range and really great group of guy's.

Back
Top Bottom