• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta Range and Ordinance Newnan ga gun range review

I finally stopped in there the other day. Overheard the salesman explaining how other places are selling Glocks at 800.00 and gouging the customer. Then I spied the 15.00 per box generic 223 and the 500.00 AR drum magazine. I left shortly thereafter. Autrys rules !!

K9, you're first post here and on Yellow pages lead me to believe you are just trying to poison the well with some nonsense about some ammo possibly not being sold to you? Ammo is a Critical key to my business, and it is limited to range use only for now.
In my position I have the opportunity and honor to meet and befriend thousands of LE Officers, Federal, State and Local as well as members of our Armed Forces. Non of which would lurk to the counter for ammo availability recon for John and Jane Doe about a little bit of ammo and then rant and rave on public forums. If you're LE and needed ammo, I would have sold you a box or 2 out of respect and honor. All you had to do is identify yourself.
Did you meet any of the staff to address your concern? They are all very helpful and VERY knowledgeable. I have 2- 30+year LE Firearms instructors / Range Masters, 2- SWAT Team Commanders, and a Management team 2nd to Few, which include Military Veterans. I'm there 6-7 days a week as well. As we are NOT CLOSED on Sunday and Monday as you stated.
And your concern for John & Jane Doe shouldn't be so grave, they come in everyday and by the comments they tell us and leave on our FB page, I think they are pretty happy.
Please come back by, introduce yourself, I'll Introduce you to the staff , give you a tour and you can have a Range pass on me.
Sorry for the misunderstanding on your initial visit that made you so unhappy you created an ODT account.
If there is a genuine issue, we will fix it.
Regards, Gary

1/19/2013. Hello everyone. First ill start by saying I am a 15 yearlaw enforcement vet. 12 years active SWAT and firearms instructor. I visited the new newnan gun range today. Now, I understand ammo is a little short right now and a lot of stores are jacking the ammo price up, taking advantage of people. I visited the range today so I could review them for my fellow officers and students that ask me all the time if its a good place to go. Within 3 min of being there I was sure I would never enter their doors again. They are quick to tell you they will not raise their ammo price! Sounds good right!? Lol. But they will only sell you the said ammo if you sign up with them and pay their high range price! Then you get the privilege to shoot said ammo. But don't try to leave with any! I can see limiting how much they sell to each person during this time but to only sell if you spend a lot of extra money is no deferent then the jerks jacking up the price of ammo to make a fast buck. The manager tried to make several of us feel better about this rule by saying he had a large order of all ammo arriving Monday. To that I said then sell me one of the 90 boxes of 40 on the shelf. That's plenty of ammo seeing as you close easily on Sunday and closed on Monday. He just laughed and said he couldn't keep his doors open that way...really!? Now , could I have told him who I was and would that have made a deference? Yes, probably would have. But I was trying to see how they would treat Jane/John Doe citizen. I will not have anything to do with a business that is run by people that think this way. I unfortunately will not have anything good to tell my students about what could have been a good business addition to coweta county

Hi Boz, the $15 a box 5.56 were Winchester M855 Penetrators. A silly price, I know, but they do command a premium over standard FMJ rounds. The Beta Mags, not KCI, are $425, a deal in today's market, and only a $25 premium over what they normally were.
Sorry for the misunderstanding you had in the store.
Regards,
Gary

I finally stopped in there the other day. Overheard the salesman explaining how other places are selling Glocks at 800.00 and gouging the customer. Then I spied the 15.00 per box generic 223 and the 500.00 AR drum magazine. I left shortly thereafter. Autrys rules !!

Thank You for the compliment Alpine.
Best, Gary

I went there tonight and bought some ammo. Had np problems at all, met the owner and some of the staff. They were very nice and even showed me around. Prices were not inflated, and for the money the range is very nice. This is a very nice range and really great group of guy's.

Thank you for coming in and the positive comments!
Building and Hanging The chandelier was a lot easier than digging the footers!
We love what we do and we love that range. Hope it shows.
Gary

Atlanta Range and Ordnance has range ammo!! With ammo hard to come by, I was happy I didn't need to deplete what I have on hand.

I checked them out this morning and WOW is it nice. Yep, they're $16/hour + $6/2nd shooter / limit 2 shooters per lane. I had the wife and neighbor with me so we took two lanes side X side. I bought a box of 9mm, 38spl and 45ACP. The neighbor was a new shooter and I gave her some instruction as we were closely monitored by the range officer. I have no problem with them monitoring me to keep their range safe (Autreys might take note!!).

We shot for an hour, cleaned up our brass and settled up our bill. The guys were happy to discuss the business that they built, notice the hand built chandelier up front. What I enjoyed most, was they were happy to discuss guns with the women and while we weren't buying today, I'm always shopping. But I'm grateful to them for sharing their knowledge and expertise with the women.

I didn't know those guys before today but I had a great experience. I'll go back and see 'em again. Happy shooting!!

Nope, Our only issues are not enough guns and ammo. Have you been in yet? What didn't you like? Being new, We are wide open to suggestions. A retail store is for there to serve customers, all too common most places forget that. Your suggestions only make it better for everyone. Please let us know. Gary

Sounds like they have issues .. Even though i live here in Newnan and the new range is only 5 minutes away from my front door, i will continue to drive all the way to Fayetteville and spend my money at Autrey's.

Back
Top Bottom