• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Caliber for DEER hunting in GA.

Gold Tip 400gr arrows....o wait...haha i have been using 30-06 for years but i'm gonna try out 7mm mag and .44mag pistol this year.

.35rem, cause i usually hunt deep in the brush. but im getting a .308 this year to hunt some farm land i got access too.

- - - Updated - - -

.35rem, cause i usually hunt deep in the brush. but im getting a .308 this year to hunt some farm land i got access too.

What caliber and why do you think it is the best.I choose the .308,its has light recoil,short action,lots of ammo available,great range and it comes in all type actions.What do you choose?

i dont think there is a best overall caliber. every person has a different "best caliber" based on their level of experience, preferred shot placement, preferred distance of shot, and different shooting terrain.

but, for me, the best caliber is 100gr 2 blade rage, and gold tip prohunter arrows. sorry, im an archery nut. for me, bow hunting is a much more spiritual way of hunting. it gets you back to the basics of human survival, you have to be more in touch with nature and the animal you are hunting. it tests your nerves, your mind, your patience, and cleanses your soul.

archery all the way for me (unless im dove hunting, lol)

i dont think there is a best overall caliber. every person has a different "best caliber" based on their level of experience, preferred shot placement, preferred distance of shot, and different shooting terrain.

I think Georgiabow is right here...I started out in the thick woods of N. GA using a 30-30 about 30 years ago...Now I have invitations to hunt farmland here in S.GA and I've picked up a .270 to accommodate the longer open ranges...

I'm a 270 or 7mm-08 man myself. No real reason beside they have been working for me for years.

Oh yea, I prefer they leave the barrel of a Browning.

This! These are IMHO, probably two of the best four along with 30-06 and 308. There are probably many other great calibers out there, but these four are popular for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom