Not open for further replies.

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
N Cochran has created a couple Bills of Sale, one for selling and one for trading. They will probably be tweaked a little in the next few days and if you have any suggestions for stuff that needs to be added or removed please post them in this thread.

Here are the links:

Firearm for Money Bill of Sale can be found here

Firearm for Firearm Trade Bill of Sale can be found here

IMHO, the bill of sale found here is more accurately worded than the Bill of Sales linked in the inital post.

The "Money Bill of Sale" linked in the inital post contains the clause "I have not been arrested for a crime of domestic violence" which in itself is not the limiting factor since an arrest does not constitute a conviction. The purpose of such a question should be to determine if the person is subject to any current court order due to an arrest or pending charges due to said arrest or essentially, "Is NOT a person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year."

Thanks for posting the info for those who wish to use a bill of sale. I respect those who wish to use, even though it is not required by law. I have done it various ways, but always want both parties to be comfortable with the transaction.

DAN

I made this bill of sale as an example, you can choose to use it or not, its a choice. Some people do and some don't. You are not required to use a bill of sale when conducting a transaction with a fellow resident of your state, in this case Georgia. Out of state you go through an FFL. Using a bill of sale is not a "must do" thing, but some are more comfortable with it. Use it if it makes you comfortable, tweek it, change it up. Just a form to start from and give you ideas. As to the portion addressing "arrested for an act of domestic violence". It is true, just being arrested is not the final limiting factor, but it is the safest route to take if you are really unsure about a person in a transaction. You do not want to find yourself having sold a firearm to someone restricted from owning a firearm. You have a duty to make sure the person receiving the firearm from you can legally do so. Remember, lawyers try and plan for worst case scenario. If you are comfortable with less security in your document then change it. Again, its a form for everyone here to use, change, not use, and think about. Be safe.

Does anyone know If there is a limit (monthly/ yearly) to an individual selling, buying or trading firearms ? and if there is, and that individual goes over that limit, does that mean that they will need an ffl ? It's probably a dumb question but just wanted to know.
Thanks,
1coolhand

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom