• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Charter Arms Chic Lady .38 Special

m88dad

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
At the behest of my wife I'm posting this review of the Charter Arms Chic Lady .38 Special for all the ladies out there.

i1082.photobucket.com_albums_j368_m88dad_DSCN2838.jpg

For the sake of this review, I'm going to ignore the fact that the firearm is shiny-pink. I will admit though, that it accessorizes well with it's pink, alligator skin hard case and pink cammo holster.

i1082.photobucket.com_albums_j368_m88dad_DSCN2833.jpg

All girlyness asside, the Charter Arms Chic Lady is actually a finely crafted weapon. It is surprisingly light, being constructed mostly of aluminum, yet it feels sturdy and well balanced in your hands. There is very little play in the trigger at all. I don't know what the actual weight of the trigger pull is, but my wife has no problems pulling the trigger. The grip is comfortable. My wife has small hands and it fits her perfectly. However, we did get a speed loader which, unfortunately, doesn't work because the grip is ever so slightly too fat for the loaded speed loader to clear the grip and put the rounds into the cylinder.

Honestly, my only complaint would be that it shoots low. I actually have to raise the front sight 1/16 of an inch above the rear sight to hit center mass at 10 yards.

We got it because when I get deployed and she goes home to visit her family in Cleveland I wanted her to have something light, easy to carry, easy to operate, that she felt comfortable with. She's always had a hard time pulling the slides back on most semi-autos so the choice to go with a revolver was a no brainer. The .38 Special offers decent power with not a lot of recoil, even as light as the gun is.

Anyway, as far as .38's go I'd give it an 8 out of 10. Do you wanna' be the guy who has to tell everybody in jail you got shot with a pink gun?

I had the opportunity to vist the Charter Arms facility in Shelton CT year before last. I was totally amazed by the experience. Nick, Charter's owner, took me on a tour of his operation. I won't bore you with the details, but I will tell you every gun is truely hand fitted. Each individual plays a part in the fine tunning of each gun. I met one gentelman that has polished frames for over 12 years. Another adjust the clearance of the cylinder by sound and feel as much as by gauge. A truely unquie opportunity, and I can't tell you how pleasent and considerant Nick and his staff was. I have always thought a lot of Charter Arms, but after my trip thier facility, I have considerable respect for the company as well as the product.

Back
Top Bottom