• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost flight 777

I'm with the hijacking guys. If so and when it shows back up on radar I hope they blow it out of the sky.

x2 i fully agree here. cant let the bad guys think they can get away with something like this or it will happen again and again.

if it was hijacked though. still a freakin mystery though.

depends on the config, but yes. based on engine type and length, a 777 can fly between 6,000 and 10,000 miles. with a lightweight load can go even farther.

south africa to northeast US is around 8,000 miles

It would never reach the US.

You can bet the military has that base covered. No way a plane like that can get past our modern border radars without being noticed. A civilian air traffic radar based in a 3rd world country and manned by some yahoo who has only a vague idea what he may be looking at is one thing, the US has all kinds of crazy-powerful search radars all over the border. They are designed to catch small planes trying to smuggle drugs. A 777 would be a crazy easy target for them.

You can't anything past our post-911 border defenses without being noticed. Certainly nothing like a bigass 777.

I think it is unlikely that the plane is still in one piece. It probably was destroyed that same night. The only question is "where?" Finding something like that in a jungle or in deep water is damn hard-even with today's technology.

Last edited:
I think the passengers were killed quickly when the jet went up 43,000 feet. That's above the service altitude of the plane. If the pilot put on his mask and then depressurized the cabin, the passengers would pass out in 15-20 seconds and be dead a few minutes later.

Not likely. My wife who is a flight controller for a major airline said this is not likely. Pilots can change pressure in the cabin but not totally decompress the cabin without something more drastic like opening a door as such. And the pilot's air masks are only good for about 20mins on an Airbus and 15mins on Boeing jets. The pilot's masks are meant for emergency situations when you know you're going down.

It would never reach the US.

You can bet the military has that base covered. No way a plane like that can get past our modern border radars without being noticed. An air traffic radar based in a 3rd world country and manned by some yahoo who has only a vague idea what he may be looking at is one thing. You can't anything past our post-911 border defenses without being noticed. Certainly nothing like a bigass 777.

ya, but would our so called "commander in chief" actually do anything about it if it did? doubtful. probably his college buddies doing the hijacking anyways lol.

OK. Here is the most logical explanation and it's kinda scary. The Malaysian inspect crew missed a struct compromise about the antennae. Hull breech and people began passing out slowly. More like a hiss than a full blown breach, so the oxy did not deploy until everyone was zonked. Plane flew until fuel zeroed and plane downed somewhere in Indian Ocean. Got it from a G13 FAA. Still sad for the families, but no jacking involved.

Not going to happen. First off the pressurization systems on modern aircraft can handle a small airframe breech. Most aircraft actually have a lot of breeches that you would never know about. They are everything from weep holes to allow condensation to drain in flight to antenna panels where wires connect. Second, the O2 system recognizes when the cabin altitude (internal pressure) rises above 7500 feet for most commercial flights. So if the compressors (engines) providing cabin air are not able to keep the cabin altitude low enough then the masks fall. Plus if there is a rapid change in the pressure they fall.

So I am leaning towards one of two theory's like everyone else. Major catastrophic failure of the aircraft or hijacking for future use. With the remote possibility of a third being government involvement.

ya, but would our so called "commander in chief" actually do anything about it if it did? doubtful. probably his college buddies doing the hijacking anyways lol.

That is kind of a wild card. The man in charge is an incredible moron. Hard to say what he would do. Just when I think I have imagined the dumbest ****ing thing he could ever do, he goes right ahead and proves that I underestimate his capacity for stupid.

Back
Top Bottom