• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mainstreet Range & Guns in Lilburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are very disappointed that this customer feels he has been mistreated. We have always charged $50.00 for transfers from company's that are for all particle mean are Wholesalers selling to the public and wanting to use us to support there business. We love to take in transfers form auctions and individuals for $25.00. The $50.00 fee is NOT a tax. What we stated was that BUDS by Georgia law recently pasted should charge the sales tax. We can match or beat pricing as long as we are playing on an even playing field. We tell each customer about our fees to handle transfers.
As a gesture of goodwill, if this customer will come back in the store we will fund his $25.00 if he feels he was mislead. We have been serving the community with pride for eleven years.

Mainstreet Arms

See quoted in red.

That sir, is INCORRECT! Buds only has to collect sales tax if they have a presence in the state of GA, which they do not.

You should actually read the law before you make statements like that to defraud your customers.

Trust but verify.

After returning home I posted a factual account of what happened and asked for other people's perspective. (I hope you'll agree that my description in the first post on this thread is factually correct.) The feedback i received confirmed some of my uneasy feelings. Then I did some research on the legal situation and what I learned didn't match what I heard in your store. So that wiped the smile away.

In retrospect, the fact that Bud's recommended your FFL service without notifying me of a $50 FFL fee was part of the problem. I certainly would have used Mr. Pawn had I known that.

I think you've improved the situation by no longer accepting FFL from Buds. That will avoid future people falling into the trap that I fell into.

If you'll acknowledge that what happened to me was unfair, then I'll come by and pick up the $25 and then I'll call us even.

Ok I'm back from Mainstreet. They refunded the $25. And in a demonstration of goodwill, I exchanged the cash for some shotgun shells.

They won't be accepting FFL from Bud's any more, which should prevent another person from being blindsided like I was.

Bud's advertised mainstreet's FFL fee as $20.

As far as I'm concerned this is resolved to my satisfaction. Hopefully all parties learned something from the incident.

Meanwhile, they have a wall full of AR's and similar rifles, for anyone interested. I didn't check prices. They also have a bunch of showcases full of handguns of various descriptions. Prices on the few I looked at seemed in line with other dealers in the area.

..it is easy to apologize when you're wrong. But that's great you made peace with em.. the part I can't reconcile is "The $50.00 fee is NOT a tax. What we stated was that BUDS by Georgia law recently pasted should charge the sales tax." , it begs the question of "huh?" Why mention this Buds' tax if its not what's being charged.. oh well, all well that ends well.

What we really get out of this is the power of the Internet and of the community on odt. Without those main street would have kept ripping people off and the worst that would have happened would have been another bad feedback on kudzu...

..it is easy to apologize when you're wrong. But that's great you made peace with em.. the part I can't reconcile is "The $50.00 fee is NOT a tax. What we stated was that BUDS by Georgia law recently pasted should charge the sales tax." , it begs the question of "huh?" Why mention this Buds' tax if its not what's being charged.. oh well, all well that ends well.

I think he genuinely didn't understand the legal situation. He wasn't aware of the supreme court ruling that business don't have to collect tax unless they have a physical presence in the taxing state. His understanding was based on the buzz in the local gun shop community over the laws GA passed trying to collect those taxes, which would have leveled the playing field if those laws had been enforceable. I don't think he was deliberately lying.

I'm giving them another chance. Y'all can decide whether or not you want to do likewise.

- - - Updated - - -

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom