• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mainstreet Range & Guns in Lilburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report them to buds gun shop and next time, tell that guy to where to stick it! I buy gums from buds a lot and have them sent to bullseye because i trust them receiving....the guy in lilburn was just pissed you didnt buy from him. He is a little female dog!

I had driven by the shop several times but they hadn't opened yet. I was hoping this was a positive thread about a new local shop. I wont even consider darkening their doorway now. Thanks for the heads up.

Here is a link to an article which describes the law that this place is using to defraud its customers.

http://www.ajc.com/news/business/changes-in-law-to-let-georgia-net-more-sales-tax-f/nSXnH/

If you don't want to read it, here is the Cliff's Notes version.

1. You are supposed to pay sales tax on your out of state purchases that are used in GA. However, this is completely unenforceable so nobody does it.
2. Because nobody does, GA passed a law that requires online retailers to collect sales tax on purchases that are shipped to GA.
3. HOWEVER, Federal law states that unless the retailer has a physical presence in the state, they are not required to collect or remit sales tax to that state. The exception to that is if you have an affliate who does have a presence in the state, such as Amazon having resellers and or advertising businesses in GA.

Therefore, since Buds does not have a presence in GA they are not required to collect sales tax. This gun shop just used a law that nobody really knows about to rip you off of $25.

I agree that you need to go back and get a receipt that shows that you paid $25 in sales tax and then inform the GA Tax office that they are collecting sales tax on out of state purchases.

Yeah that is shady. Its a shame I've purchased a few fire arms from them with no hitch. Last gun i picked up from them they had it listed for 50 bucks more than Cherokee. When I pointed this out the sales man called his boss told him that and they price matched their price. I am going to ask them about this next time I'm in the area.

The sad thing is that, according to Georgia law, if tax was not paid to the state on this transaction, the OP will still owe sales tax on the item when he files his state income tax return in April.

I dont have the answer but just to think about the situation,
If the FFL is $25 how much was the gun and whats the sales tax
So XXX * tax%= how much the sales tax should be.

So what im getting at is was it really perfectly $25 for tax?

so $260 here but $400 there?

The sad thing is that, according to Georgia law, if tax was not paid to the state on this transaction, the OP will still owe sales tax on the item when he files his state income tax return in April.

I fail to see how Mainstreet plays any role in the tax issue. That's between the buyer, the seller, and the state. Mainstreet is just hijacking the delivery, holding the product hostage, and demanding ransom money. It's probably illegal. Certainly unethical. I don't like doing business with unethical people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom