• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 1st and last ND Very nasty pics. I get to go back to work

Wishing you a fast recovery man.
When I first saw the pic I could tell you hit bone but I'm guessing the overpressure from the 357 was enough to shatter anything inside your hand.
I really wanted to crack a joke right now to make you laugh a little but nothing sounds funny at all about this... now if it was your foot I would've asked you why you called 911 when you should've called a "Toe truck"
Hope it heals fast and you get full use back quickly! Keep the wound clean.

Wishing you a fast recovery man.
When I first saw the pic I could tell you hit bone but I'm guessing the overpressure from the 357 was enough to shatter anything inside your hand.
I really wanted to crack a joke right now to make you laugh a little but nothing sounds funny at all about this... now if it was your foot I would've asked you why you called 911 when you should've called a "Toe truck"
Hope it heals fast and you get full use back quickly! Keep the wound clean.

No worries. I'd give you a high four but my arm is still numb. I hope it stays that way for a while. It's a blessing I only lost a finger. The Dr that did the surgery told me about a guy the same thing happened to. Only difference was the round went through his hand and his two year old sons head. Killed the boy. This is why I don't have loaded weapons un holstered in the same room as my kids. You can never be too safe

ok I looked 3x now,,,,, dang bro, that pic is , rough,,,,,,,, I just cant imagine, but there is a good chance you might need a little help the next few weeks with a thing or 2. if you live in Woodstock and need help, pm me, I have a lil free time during the week some weeks,, I hope all goes well with your recovery

D.

Burn it burns so fing bad. It shattered every bone in my hand. My middle finger was toast. It was hanging by some skin. The best way I can try and describe it is this. The funny tingle feeling you get when you arm or foot falls asleep X 100000000000 then grab a molten hot chunk of steal and zip tie it to your hand. And the burn is the most odd feeling I have ever felt. Now after the surgery it's numb. But I know when the nerve block wears off this ain't gonna be fun. When it first happened they gave me 4 doses of fentinal (spelling is wrong I'm sure) and it didn't even take the edge off.

DAMN dude, i didn't realize you really had this happen when you posted that pic earlier, although i knew you had recently gotten a .357 LCR. I hope you heal up man that looks like it hurts like hell.

Ditto's on the recovery thoughts and prayers. My curiosity is asking where the round ended up?. I had a ND many years ago in a CZ Compact and it went through my bedroom wall, through a bookcase in the adjacent living room, and exited the house through the roof towards the local Police Department about 1/4 mile away. I DID NOT go asking about it down there as I already felt dumb as doggie doo. I did not shoot myself but one finger was close enough to the muzzle it felt like I had hit a finger with a hammer.

I'm sure you've replayed it a 100000 times I. Your head since it happened. Have you figure out how in the world you a managed to get a double action gun to go through the full cycle required to drop the hammer?

Geeeeez man. Glad it was your hand, and no somewhere worse, even though any place sucks. Hope for a speedy recovery for you and keep pressing that button for the nurse to give you more medication. I was in the burn unit and had to hit it every few hours or so.

omg becky !!! - woke up to that pic - man thats messed up - wow - stay on those drugs your going to need them - great to hear those parental insticts kicked in even though you had f'ed yourself up - thats what makes a true man and a real dad - hope for a speedy recovery - take care

Back
Top Bottom