• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 1st and last ND Very nasty pics. I get to go back to work

I just saw a post that "ppshooter" was looking to buy an LCR. Figured you might have one for him.:-) Just messing with you man and trying to make you smile. I was shot once and it was not a laughing matter at the time either. I saw your explanation of how it felt to be shot. My explanation is it felt like someone had heated a steel bat up to 1500 degrees and hit you as hard as they could with us and held it against your skin when they finished! Sure hope you have a speedy recovery!!!

Sorry to hear about the mishap and hope you heal and get better soon. I have had firearms since I was 16, 8 years in the army, and now over 20 years with multiple handguns/rifles in the house. Have never had any problems, about 2 weeks ago I was cleaning the pistols. With the XD9 you rack the slide back, lock it in place, flip the lever up bring it forward and pull the trigger as your doing so. I was about to go through this process had the lever flipped up my finger on the trigger and was about to squeeze it when I realized the chamber indicator was up! Freaked me out because I was just about to pull the trigger and release the slide fortunately I had it pointed away from me during this proceedure but had I not noticed the chamber indicator I would have had a serious accident. This has never happened to me before and this one time my stupidity almost cost me what could have been a serious accident and scared the crap out of me. Need less to say I DOUBLE and TRIPPLE check the chamber now EVERY TIME. I still feel so stupid and lucky at the same time, it is burned in my mind now and I can pretty much guarantee the incident will come up every time I clean a weapon or handle one. All it takes is one time, one mistake, be careful out there folks!

So you cupped your hand over the end of the barrel to open the cylinder?

Lesson learned....the hard way, doubtful it will be repeated.

I sincerely hope you don't have any significant permanent disability. That is a vicious penetrating wound with severe blast injury.

Glad you and your family are OK. The LCR is hammerless, how the heck did it discharge?

The LCR is far from hammerless. The hammer of the LCR is enclosed in the polymer frame but its there. The only way this gun could is e discharged is the hammer being dropped on the firing pin. The transfer bar would also have to be engaged via the trigger. I honestly cannot see a scenario where an LCR could fire without the trigger being pulled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom