• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 1st and last ND Very nasty pics. I get to go back to work

It was struck I looked. I honestly don't know how. I swear on my missing middle finger I did not have my fingers in the trigger guard or on the trigger

I'm not trying to be "that guy" but I do think its important to understand how completely impossible it would be for the scenario you describe to be possible.

The primer shows a pin strike. That means something hit the pin and forced it forward with enough velocity to set the primer off. The firing pin can only be engaged by the transfer bar. The transfer bar is only up when the trigger is depressed and the bar is forced up in to position. It is connected to the trigger and follows it. Then the hammer must go back fully rearward and drop onto the transfer bar. The bar hits the pin. And, by design the hammer cannot reach the pin without the bar in place. All of this is housed in a fully enclosed polymer frame. There truly is no scenario where the pin could go forward without the hammer falling on the engaged transfer bar.

Last edited:
No worries. I'd give you a high four but my arm is still numb. I hope it stays that way for a while. It's a blessing I only lost a finger. The Dr that did the surgery told me about a guy the same thing happened to. Only difference was the round went through his hand and his two year old sons head. Killed the boy. This is why I don't have loaded weapons un holstered in the same room as my kids. You can never be too safe

Ok wasnt gonna make in jokes about the hand till ya went and said the High 4 comment and then i remembered this pic i have 2012Keywest 205.jpg
I do wish you the best speedy recovery possible. Hope you get better soon man

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be "that guy" but I do think its important to understand how completely impossible it would be for the scenario you describe to be possible.

The primer shows a pin strike. That means something hit the pin and forced it forward with enough velocity to set the primer off. The firing pin can only be engaged by the transfer bar. The transfer bar is only up when the trigger is depressed and the bar is forced up in to position. It is connected to the trigger and follows it. Then the hammer must go back fully rearward and drop onto the transfer bar. The bar hits the pin. And, by design the hammer cannot reach the pin without the bar in place. All of this is housed in a fully enclosed polymer frame. There truly is no scenario where the pin could go forward without the hammer falling on the engaged transfer bar.

Muscle memory may be to blame here... If you are very used to pulling a trigger, your finger could have done so with little conscious input from your brain. Anyway - I am very sorry it happened and hope you get better soon. :rockon:

Muscle memory may be to blame here... If you are very used to pulling a trigger, your finger could have done so with little conscious input from your brain. Anyway - I am very sorry it happened and hope you get better soon. :rockon:

This is all possible. Not trying to be a dick but I'm well aware of how the weapon functions.

Leatherhead :And how would one die from NOT putting there finger on the trigger until ready to fire. I don't get that comment. I know yall don't know me from Adam. Every one I know and have known for years were in disbelief. I am the guy always telling folks when there not doing something safe with a firearm.

Last edited:
I am totally at fault for what happened. Don't put yourself in the line of fire even if you think your safe your not. A loaded weapon is a loaded weapon. I'm sure muscle memory plays a part. But it is what it is. I'm just glad to be here to tell the story. If I can make one person practice better safe handling of a firearm and prevent this from happening to them I'm a happy 9 finger having sob. Feel free to crack on me for being a douche bag. I will be the first to say so. Never place anything in front of the barrel that you don't intend to shoot. That is the moral of the story here

Last edited:
Sorry this happened.......glad your wife and son is safe.........you will need faith, and discipline for your upcoming recovery......and I was not there to actually witness the event.....so "no comment" from me at at all.

Back
Top Bottom