• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nearly 7 feet and 87 pounds. Cottonmouth killed in Baldwin FL.

Not even close. They don't get anywhere near that big. It is amazing how many 8 foot rattlesnakes, 20 foot alligators and 3000 pound hogs are running around Georgia:rolleyes:

[Broken External Image]:

I've been keeping snakes for over 30 years. A healthy 6 foot cottonmouth will weigh in at about 20-25 pounds. I would believe 30 pounds on a 7 footer but anything more than that, I suspect either a lie or they are counting the weight of all the lead they pumped into it.

Oh, it is absolutely a lie. Even if it were as long as they say, no way it would be 87 pounds.

People who believe this crap also believe in "squatches"

Ten time out of ten, when people kill an 8' "rattlesnake" or "copperhead", they have actually killed a completely harmless species like a Pine Snake or a Corn Snake. But of course, they would all argue with experts that they killed a rattler.

I am just glad this news article, fake or not, is about Adults locating this and not some child that was injured.

Absolutely - a Cottonmouth bite on an adult is very nasty, but very rarely fatal. On a child however, it can be quite deadly. Luckily venomous snake bites are exceedingly rare in the US. And regardless of what you might be told, venomous snakes will not chase you and will do their best to get away from you if possible.

Back
Top Bottom