• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OMG. i just shot myself in the thigh with a 22lr AR15 conversion KIT and no gun??????

Jordanmarable

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
6   1
Reaction score
yeah so you read the headline..... here is the story.
all comments and advice are appreciated. thanks everyone.

it all started tuesday morning last week got up went to work. had an extra long day. could not wait to get home and figure out what the heck was wrong with my 22 kit for my ar15 wich i had purchased the day before. i finally get offf and rush home. first things first. i need to research this. i get on the internet and look up all i can and read that c**g is a great company with helping out. and fixing their products. the last post i read says all this guy had to do was mark the bad spot with a sharpie and send it to them and they fixed it. my problem was i was getting light strikes on the primer not enough to fire. i read alot about this too. so i thought to myself ok so ill mark it contact c**G and get my new 22 spitter going by next week. boy was i wrong.

i grabbed the 22 kit, sharpie and a 22 and head for the couch i put the 22 in the mini chamber and closed the bolt on it. i immediately knew what was wrong. the ejection pin put just enough pressure and the mini barrel and chamber had just enough play that when combined they made the right side of the bolt catch on the right side of the bullet and stay open about 1/8" this explained light primer strikes and the 3 out of 5 rounds that expanded in the chamber so tight halfway out i had to get a screwdriver to get them out. 5 bieng the actual number of rounds that fired in 3 whole mags. tried different ammo too. anyway, saw the gap and held it up to the light by the tip to get one last view before i sat it down took the bullet out and marked it. BAM!!!! my ears whistled for a second and my eyes came too just in time to notice the showave moving down my leg. my first thought was omg my hands are gone they hurt so bad....... no....... omg my wife is gonna kill me i shot up the sofa....... so then i felt something on the back of my leg...... omg i did shoot up the sofa and it ricochet into my lower buttocks...... no so i scratched my head for a minute and looked down. the front of my shirt had blood on it...... wtf? i lifted it up and stripped down to reveal the entrance wound on the top of my dang left thigh...... so i stood there for a minute more and tried to convince myself that it wasnt real. then it hurt ....... like a mixture of icyhot, a knife wound, and a severe muscle cramp. i almost passed out. so i called 911 and gave them my address told her i was about to pass out and what happened .... i accidentally shot myself in the upper quad muscle of my left leg. she said ok..... click. so made other calls the wife, my dad, ok ears ringing.... got to keep my mind busy... rags for blood. wallet insurance card, phone. ok so i strip down to my undies and go sit on porch to make it easy on paramedics. cops swarm the yard and im there in my underwear having to explain what happend and they cant believe it fired withought being on the gun. i told one of the first officers calling it a gun that it wasnt and he insisted that it was because it shot me. i told him that would be like his glock firing everytime he loaded the first round in the chamber.... he said nothing.... i added..... withouth a barrel or a hammer or a trigger or a grip. so ambulance got there after cops cleared the house it was dispatched wrong.... as MAN SHOT IN HIS UPPER QUADRANT. no details. i get in abulance and go to hospital xrays show i was very lucky missed bone and several arteries by less than an inch. bullet falls out on hospital bed. crazy. less than seven days. went back today the sixth day and i thank god i can. thank god i didnt shoot up the sofa.

got in touch with cm*g first email i got back..... thank god you are ok. i will get right on this i have never ever heard of anything like this happening, this matter is above my paygrade i will see to it that this gets through the appropriate channels!..... they asked for pics over the course of the week . and said they would like to get it in there and check it for specs. they pay postage and i write them today to tell them i mailed it. and asked them what they did next? he siad they would mic all the parts and they did not fix it i would get another one. i told him that i would much rather have a refund. and if i couldnt have a refund i want a reliable product that he himself had tested. no reply. the 24 emails before that all were replied to within 5 min. so resent...... no reply.

i would love to see all the opinions and advice on this that i could get

First, glad you are okay - relatively speaking! As far as talking to the company, it sounds like it is time to move up the food chain. If it is out of the one guys pay grade get the contact info for the guy whose pay grade it is in. Don't have a middle man in this. Go high enough and you will find someone to handle this. Bad press is the last thing these guys want.

I pulled this up and am in agreement with your multiple omgs. lol. I would say that this at least sounds like a guaranteed refund or exchange. In addition, should you not hear from them about those options, it sounds like a pretty good set up for a lawsuit against the manufacturer. I would attempt to reach as far up the company food chain as possible and should no one answer or do everything in their power to satisfy you contact a lawyer. Anyway, up to you but glad your okay and no permanent damage was incurred.

Back
Top Bottom