• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OMG. i just shot myself in the thigh with a 22lr AR15 conversion KIT and no gun??????

glad your ok.

i would not lawyer up.

gun lesson learned, never use live ammo when fawking with a gun or gun parts.

Lol. Im glad I posted this on here thanks guys. Idk this one I might just have to keep and cut my losses. I could have bought one bamf 22 if you add the 200 for it and bullets plus hospital bills

Recent email update. Quote" the one you receive back will work like it is supposed to" sweet I guess that means exchange.
Though I have told them I would much rather have a refund

I would still look into an attorney for the cost of medical bills. Granted, please take no offense to this, but what you did was extremely stupid...Anytime you try to service a firearm, never use live ammuniton. It could go several ways, but the fact you were injured due to a combination of both stupidity and a faulty product, you may or may not get compensation for your bills. The insurance company is going to want to know how it happened, they're going to send you a form that is going to ask about the incident more than likely, and when you list that it was because of a faulty product, they're not going to want to pay. However, their lawyer will be looking at it from the angle of "Why were you using live ammunition" in their defense. As stated before, when they stop talking to you, it's because their attorney has advised them to. If their attorney tries to contact you, make no statement, and turn it over to an attorney to deal with. Talking to opposing attorneys is WORSE than talking to cops.

No offense taken that's the last time I service a firearm with live ammo........ but wait its not considered a firearm no background check heck you could sell these to kids at walmart.if they had ar15s. Will never use live ammo for anything other than shooting that's the for. Sure

their lawyer would PROVE negligence on your part using live ammo for testing. If you have the paperwork that came with it (I have one BTW) it probably covers them in the stupid clauses they add. Be happy your OK and have all your working parts. They haven't told you about a refund probably because they didn't sell it to you directly, correct. I bought mine through a second party. I've been thinking about a upper that is only 22lr. This may help make my decision

Last edited:
Still capable of firing ammunition, and in my thoughts, that's a firearm. :) Any time I rack in a round on my 19 It's aimed at the floor, while I trust it with my life, I trust it as much as I trust having a rattlesnake in my underwear drawer..Don't take chances, or you'll get hurt as you've learned, glad you're ok. When I do my function checks I do all of them at the range extra cautiously.

Incase you're not familiar with some basic pcms that will work on anyfirearms, here's a couple..

Number 1, Weapon unloaded, magazine out, no visible ammunition in the chamber. Rack the slide, make sure trigger is in the cocked position.. If not you may have what's called a Slamfire.
Number 2, Weapon cleared, magazine emptied, visibly inspect chamber to make sure no ammunition is present. Depress the trigger while pointed in a safe direction as not to cause personal or property damage, pull trigger. Keep trigger depressed and charge it or rack it, depending on action. The trigger should reset after you've let your finger off after charging it.. If not, you have an issue in the secondary disconnector.

I get all of those views and with a pistol or rifle no doubt. And your right. This had no trigger slide anything I let my level of comfort go to far at that moment do some research on these things meat so u know I wasn't holding a freaking pistol

Last edited:
Forget the attorneys, not someone else's fault that you did not follow normal, well known safety rules.
We've all done stupid stuff in the past, not judgement just an observation.

Back
Top Bottom