• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OMG. i just shot myself in the thigh with a 22lr AR15 conversion KIT and no gun??????

Forget the attorneys, not someone else's fault that you did not follow normal, well known safety rules.
We've all done stupid stuff in the past, not judgement just an observation.

I agree with ken.

And as an EMT if I showed up at your house after you shot yourself in the leg and your sitting on the front porch in your underwear I probably would have laughed a little. But I see your reasoning because we would have cut your pants off if you had been wearing them. Glad your ok though buddy.

You need to talk to a lawyer,,,,,,,, I am not reading the whole thread mind you, but, malfunctioning gun/Conversion Kit, you get shot = Law Suit.

I'm not quite understanding how it's the conversion kit that caused this. Doesn't something have to hit the base of a .22 round to make it go off? Could it have been a delayed fire due to the light strike?

Glad everything is okay, but you shouldn't have sent the kit back to CMMG. In a situation like this you always want to have an independent third party involved, because now the manuf. is gonna go "what kit?"

First off, glad you're still around!

I'm not taking CMMG's side, but I hope someone else will take heed of this. NEVER EVER EVER EVER piddle around with a firearm or "chamber" like this with live ammo. Snap caps or spent brass only. I've got a scar between my toes where I was messing with a .22 rifle as a kid. Thankfully it went between my toes and not through them. Rimfire especially shouldn't be played around with since only the rim has to be deflected to cause ignition.

I'm not quite understanding how it's the conversion kit that caused this. Doesn't something have to hit the base of a .22 round to make it go off? Could it have been a delayed fire due to the light strike?

My thought as well... like a hang fire issue. Glad you are okay man... my wife was thinking about getting a conversion kit for her AR... might not show her this thread :)

I'm with the "no attorney" crowd. If I'm using something for its intended purpose, and it fails and harms me, sure, their fault. If I'm fiddling around with live ammo, while working on a firearm, I'd file it in the self-inflicted drawer.

BUT, thank you very much for sharing your story, and reinforcing some of the rules that we should all live by.

Back
Top Bottom