1. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Rules / FAQ.

If you wish to become a member and post, you can register here. Registered users also see less ads!
  2. If you are having issues logging in please send us an email through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom right of the site and we'll get it fixed.

3. We now have a Mobile-Friendly Style for the site.

You can find it at the bottom left corner of the site, or click here.

Para Ordnance Colonel 14.45

Thread in 'Want To Buy Ads' started by Nooj, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Nooj

Nooj Outdoorsman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Hello everyone out there in TV land-

I've been searching, unsucessfully, for a Para Ordnance "Colonel" LDA 14.45 1911 (I believe they came only in OD green).
    If you have one you'd be willing to sell or trade- or know of a lead on one for sale or trade, I would be very much appreciative!!

Thanks,
    Nooj.

2. geezer

geezer The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Supporter

Rating - 100%
    223   0   0

I've never heard of a "Colonel".

3. Nooj

Nooj Outdoorsman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Hi Geezer- Unfortunately, they've been discontinued. They did come out with a Lt. Col. But, it doesn't have the same appeal to me.

The "Colonel" was a double stack 1911 Double action only, with Para's Light double action (LDA) trigger, in a commander sized package (full length grips, shorter barrel).
    The LDA, if you've never squeezed it, is pretty sweet for a DAO. It's a longer trigger pull than single action follow up shots- but it's very smooth and light.
    I believe the closest comparison to the Colonel was the Tac-four, which was a similar build, but with a bobbed beaver tail, and a slightly shorter grip.

They also came in the elusive "OD green" or as Para Ordnance called it "spec-ops finish." I'd love to find one, as I've been wanting a 1911 model pistol; But, I want the capacity of the double stack. The LDA is also a nice feature.

Nooj

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  4. geezer

Supporter

Rating - 100%
    223   0   0

Thanks for the education...I've got a 14-45 LDA...Very nice piece. Also have the 14-45 SOA. Love them both.

5. ammo

ammo New to The Trader!

0   0   0

hey nooj I am so glad I seen this post today because i actually have a Tac-Four which i love, I wouldnt trade it for any other handgun Ive ever shot, but Ive ran into some financial problems so I listed it on craigslist and I have been getting low balled something crazy! When will real gun enthusiast realize the value of this piece. It is absolutely perfect. I refuse to sell it for any low ball offer no matter how bad it gets. My Tac-Four is in mint condition with the exception of a couple small scratches on the mag. If your willing to make a respectable offer I will be more then willing to put it in the hands of someone who appreciates it. Please respond Asap if interested
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  6. Leatherhead

Leatherhead The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Supporter

Rating - 100%
    429   0   0

DaveTheMinion Tribute
  7. geezer

Supporter

Rating - 100%