• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Para Ordnance Colonel 14.45

Nooj

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Reaction score
Hello everyone out there in TV land-

I've been searching, unsucessfully, for a Para Ordnance "Colonel" LDA 14.45 1911 (I believe they came only in OD green).
If you have one you'd be willing to sell or trade- or know of a lead on one for sale or trade, I would be very much appreciative!!

Thanks,
Nooj.

Hi Geezer- Unfortunately, they've been discontinued. They did come out with a Lt. Col. But, it doesn't have the same appeal to me.

The "Colonel" was a double stack 1911 Double action only, with Para's Light double action (LDA) trigger, in a commander sized package (full length grips, shorter barrel).
The LDA, if you've never squeezed it, is pretty sweet for a DAO. It's a longer trigger pull than single action follow up shots- but it's very smooth and light.
I believe the closest comparison to the Colonel was the Tac-four, which was a similar build, but with a bobbed beaver tail, and a slightly shorter grip.

They also came in the elusive "OD green" or as Para Ordnance called it "spec-ops finish." I'd love to find one, as I've been wanting a 1911 model pistol; But, I want the capacity of the double stack. The LDA is also a nice feature.

Nooj

Last edited:
hey nooj I am so glad I seen this post today because i actually have a Tac-Four which i love, I wouldnt trade it for any other handgun Ive ever shot, but Ive ran into some financial problems so I listed it on craigslist and I have been getting low balled something crazy! When will real gun enthusiast realize the value of this piece. It is absolutely perfect. I refuse to sell it for any low ball offer no matter how bad it gets. My Tac-Four is in mint condition with the exception of a couple small scratches on the mag. If your willing to make a respectable offer I will be more then willing to put it in the hands of someone who appreciates it. Please respond Asap if interested
Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom