1. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Rules / FAQ.

If you wish to become a member and post, you can register here. Registered users also see less ads!
  2. If you are having issues logging in please send us an email through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom right of the site and we'll get it fixed.

3. We now have a Mobile-Friendly Style for the site.

You can find it at the bottom left corner of the site, or click here.

Ruger p95 upgrades?

Thread in 'Gun Smithing & Repairs' started by Troy3267, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Troy3267

Troy3267 Frontiersman

Rating - 96.8%
    32   1   0

Recently picked up a p95 in a trade, gun is amazing (I was popping empty 12ga shells at 10-15 feet with ease, is eating any ammo I run through it)

A friend of mine told me he heard that they make some high-end parts for it, anyone know anything about it? Not lasers or night sights, but internal performance parts. I would like to turn this thing into a monster, so any info or suggestions will be helpful. And please note, telling me to get a glock or kimber is not a suggestion lol I want to build on this, I have never seen a fully custom p95 before so I am willing to put some time and money into this.

2. ATLEMT

ATLEMT The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

Ive never seen any real after market upgrades, if you want to do anything take it to a gunsmith and have them do a trigger job on it. Other than that if you want a gun to modify by a glock or 1911

3. Troy3267

Troy3267 Frontiersman

Rating - 96.8%
    32   1   0

That's kind of the point of it, you see a billion 'custom' glocks and 1911s, never a gun like this

4. ATLEMT

ATLEMT The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

I mean no disrespect to the gun, my first handgun was a p95. But be advised there isn't much your going to be able to do except for sights, trigger job (by a gunsmith I did a quick search and couldn't find a drop in trigger) and maybe some duracoat to change the look. Also know that no matter how much money you put into a p95 it won't add value so you won't get much return on your investment.
    They really are great guns for the money but dont do anything a glock 19 can't do better IMHO. But if you want to do up your p95 go for it, it would be a unique piece.

5. EMC45

EMC45 Frontiersman

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I had a P95. I liked it a lot. The trigger took a little getting used to, but it was nice in single action. It also shot better than my Beretta 92FS. A lot better. They are a fine gun and worth every penny. About the only thing to do I would think is maybe stipple the grip frame. Try a soldering iron to do it. Light taps with a hot iron and you are in business. Otherwise you have a good gun that will only get better with use.