• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger p95 upgrades?

Troy3267

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
59   1
Reaction score
Recently picked up a p95 in a trade, gun is amazing (I was popping empty 12ga shells at 10-15 feet with ease, is eating any ammo I run through it)

A friend of mine told me he heard that they make some high-end parts for it, anyone know anything about it? Not lasers or night sights, but internal performance parts. I would like to turn this thing into a monster, so any info or suggestions will be helpful. And please note, telling me to get a glock or kimber is not a suggestion lol I want to build on this, I have never seen a fully custom p95 before so I am willing to put some time and money into this.

Ive never seen any real after market upgrades, if you want to do anything take it to a gunsmith and have them do a trigger job on it. Other than that if you want a gun to modify by a glock or 1911

I mean no disrespect to the gun, my first handgun was a p95. But be advised there isn't much your going to be able to do except for sights, trigger job (by a gunsmith I did a quick search and couldn't find a drop in trigger) and maybe some duracoat to change the look. Also know that no matter how much money you put into a p95 it won't add value so you won't get much return on your investment.
They really are great guns for the money but dont do anything a glock 19 can't do better IMHO. But if you want to do up your p95 go for it, it would be a unique piece.

I had a P95. I liked it a lot. The trigger took a little getting used to, but it was nice in single action. It also shot better than my Beretta 92FS. A lot better. They are a fine gun and worth every penny. About the only thing to do I would think is maybe stipple the grip frame. Try a soldering iron to do it. Light taps with a hot iron and you are in business. Otherwise you have a good gun that will only get better with use.

Back
Top Bottom