• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SOTA Arms Complete Uppers (Review with Pics)

meastt

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
103   0
Reaction score
So I figured that since I have seen so many posts on here about “budget builds” I would post my experience with a new dealer and Company, “SOTA Arms”.
SOTA Arms or State Of The Art Arms is based out of Minnesota and currently offers a new line of complete uppers at a VERY reasonable price.

All of the following prices on uppers INCLUDE BCG, CH and SHIPPING (UPS Ground):

5.56/.223 1/9 twist, M4 feed ramps, NOT chrome lined $369.00, or $389.00 Stainless
300 Blackout 1/8 twist, M4 feed ramps, NOT CL $439.00 Stainless
7.62x39 1/10 twist, M4 feed ramps, NOT CL $379.00 or $439.00 Stainless
6.8 SPC 1/11 twist, M4 feed ramps, NOT CL $379.00 or $439.00 Stainless
All uppers come standard with a Free Float tube but that can be replaced with a quad-rail for an additional $60.00

Now when I spoke with them on the phone I was quoted a “3-5 day order processing timeframe”, it actually turned into a 2 week time frame. When I called I was told that they got slammed at a gun show and that it was coming, and it did.

I received my upper ready to go out of the box; the fit was perfect on my C3 Defense Lower, with no gaps to be seen. The flat top rails took all of my optics on hand with no hang ups.
I was out on my property the next morning (shocking huh) to shoot this baby. I loaded up ONLY TULA 62gr .223. I had read that the TULA ammo may not feed well but the SOTA Arms upper ate it like candy, in 300 rounds, I had 1 double feed, but I use my magwell and mag for a grip so that may have contributed. At 50 yards once I walked on a cheapo optic, I was dialed in and was hitting a quarter sized groups with an open reflex sight.

When it’s all said and done, I couldn’t be happier, it was a very good price and it’s performing as it should. I just wanted to put out some info for any other guys looking to buy.
AR1.jpg
AR2.jpgAR3.JPGAR4.JPGAR5.JPG

Nice review. I like budget builds. Sounds like she shoots well. Do you have any other ARs to compare the accuracy to? Quarter size groups sounds good to me. I need a couple of dollar bills taped end-to-end to cover my Tantal groups... :)

$369 delivered huh? Just what my credit card needed...

Was she a PIA to clean with the Wolf ammo? I just ordered some but did read that it was dirty.

The ammo didnt make it a whole bunchg dirtier than nicer ammo would have....I clean after every range trip anyway.

My buddy has a Armalite AR and a DMPS as well....we shot all three. Id say the only difference I noticed was that the Armalite trigger felt much crisper, other than that, we put lead on paper (and logs, cans, and anything else we saw that day).

My 300 Blk upper is out for delivery today also. Ordered 3/16, so just letting everyone know to be patient. I believe it will be worth the wait.

Looks like your front sight is on backwards. You might want you reconsider using plastic sights on the gas block as well. That is unless you only fire 1 round every couple of minutes.

Looks like your front sight is on backwards. You might want you reconsider using plastic sights on the gas block as well. That is unless you only fire 1 round every couple of minutes.

Those are not on my rifle anymore....I learned the hard way on that day at the range....I tried them forwards and backwards and in the end decided against them, I now have a ACOG clone.

Back
Top Bottom