• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SOTA Arms Complete Uppers (Review with Pics)

I have the 5.56 and like it so much I ordered their "premium" upper in the 20" length. If (when) I receive it I'll post pics. Looks like they have changed their hand guards. Mine were a little different style.

Sota is having computer problems and too much success I think. Ordered on 6/4 They said about 2 -weeks to ship. After two weeks I called and was told the upper should go out last Friday. No shipping notice by e-mail over weekend. Monday another ODT member pmed me to say they had double billed his credit card. I checked my card and they double billed me as well. I called and got through to them. They said a lot of people had been double billed and the one girl that handled bill was rolling back all the charges but no gun were shipping because she handled the shipping paperwork too.

I think all will be fine but they are small and looks like a little too much success for them to handle.

I ordered on May 27 ...
I can't get a response from them via e-mail or telephone!?

I ordered a stainless 6.8 on May 27th. I received an email from them with a tracking number Friday June 8th. The tracking number showed that the upper never was picked up. I emailed them on the 12th and they replied the same day that there was a glitch and that it would ship that day or the next. The upper shipped Wednesday June 13th. It arrived at my house Monday June 18th. It looks very nice. I'll be running some rounds through it this afternoon.

I ordered a stainless5.56 upper April 27, emailed them on the 4 of June. They said they were waiting on barrels. Emailed them 2 days ago and tried to call yesterday, no answer yet.

I took the 6.8 out today. It came with a stainless compensator but I changed it out with a standard 6.8 flash hider. I'm not a big fan of the compensators. Anyway, the gun shot very well. I was shooting my hand loads and it was shooting very good groups, even with a stock trigger. This group of four was going well until the operator rushed his shot. This upper has very good fit and finish. For $449 shipped to my door I have to say I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Attachments

• Sota target 1.jpg
    Sota target 1.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 118
Back
Top Bottom