• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SOTA Arms Complete Uppers (Review with Pics)

I had to add a 10 cent rubber ring to the bolt, I got from home depot but that was back when they first come out. I am sure that is no longer an issue and if it still is again it was only 10 cents.

Same issue. Their bolt has been the only issue with my 300 black out.

Well, being new to the AR platform I decided to talk some local AR owners and check out their rifles. So I've spent part of today looking at other AR rifles of different makes and the upper to lower fit is not as good as it is on my Double Star. Not that they are bad fits, just not as tight as mine. Also put the SOTA upper on all of them and the upper to lower fit is no worse than on mine, a couple of them even have more gap.
My conclusion is that I probably shouldn't be so concerned about the gaps between the SOTA upper and my lower. I still want to talk to the factory before I fire it, then I'll put some rounds through it.

Thanks for your input/help

photo-13.jpg
This was my first build with a Sota chrome lined barrel.

I have a basic upper that I bought from David at CCF. Love it - no problems at all. nothing but good to say about CCF & SOTA. just my experience.

LOL yeah old thread...While we are here though. I used to have a SOTA upper. It fit well on any lower I put it on and performed as it should. My only issue...I had to put a low profile gas block and a different handguard. I can't stand those maglight looking tube things they use.

Back
Top Bottom