• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you do to get your "Unicorn"

Wow, that's not at all what I meant. Let me be more specific...

It's obtainable if you sacrifice other items be it guns, gold or other. Would you make the sacrifice of other non-essential items or let it pass? What would you let go?

I would cut of one of my family jewels (using good sterile technique of course) and donate it someone who is less fortunate and has none.

You think I'm joking? Nope I really would. Anyone have a Class III full auto AR/M-16? I have nutting but love for one of those.:madgrin:

Last edited:
Unicorn = Registered M16. I'd trade all the guns I have and my car for one.

I would rent one and try it first...

I shot one, and it was a letdown. Sure, it sounds cool, but if you can't hit the broad side of a barn after the first 5 shots or so.... Maybe a 3 round burst would be useful, but a full auto M61 seems hard to control, and frustrating when you can't hit ****.

Back when you were still seeking your unicorn, which one was it?
Never really had to seek. Between my real father and my step father I grew up shooting M16s, MP5s, Thompsons, DiamondBacks and Pythons. Granted, it will still be some time before I take legal ownership of them (I hope it will be a long time anyway) but I have been able to shoot them whenever I want.

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite of all time though is the American 180.

Never really had to seek. Between my real father and my step father I grew up shooting M16s, MP5s, Thompsons, DiamondBacks and Pythons. Granted, it will still be some time before I take legal ownership of them (I hope it will be a long time anyway) but I have been able to shoot them whenever I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Armalite-180? Update: never mind, just googled it and saw that is a top drum-fed 22lr submachine gun.

As for me, I don't really covet anything super-rare, just weapons that are super expensive. So basically, gotta keep saving.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool...you're very lucky to have men like that in your life to grow up with. My dad was anti-gun, so I never even had so much as a water gun in the house until I moved out and went to college.

Very cool...you're very lucky to have men like that in your life to grow up with. My dad was anti-gun, so I never even had so much as a water gun in the house until I moved out and went to college.

x2 on "youre lucky"

My dad is pro-gun but doesn't like semiautos. He has one helluva bolt action collection, though.

I guess that's why I'm fascinated with these ARs.

Back
Top Bottom