• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

—Star Wars: The Last Jedi— discussion *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Maybe it was becuase all the quick reviews I looked at while trying not to read spoilers said it was 4/4 and 5/5, best star wars yet....

Maybe it was hyped up too much for me cause I just thought it was good but not great. I got more excited about this season's Game of Thrones episodes.

SPOILER ALERT! IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE MOVIE YET THEN YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO READ THIS POST!!!

1D977D09-D3D1-450A-8F2A-0F7C00A53DB5.gif

We went and saw it today. My 13-year-old daughter wore her Jedi robes and carried her lightsaber. I just wore my regular clothes and carried my Glock 17.
:pound:

We thought it was great! Nothing will ever top the original trilogy for me, but she is liking these newer movies better than the old ones.

We both thought the best part of the movie was the lightsaber battle with Kylo and Rey. Luke vs Kylo was pretty good too. It reminded me of Vader vs Kenobi in A New Hope.

I think they’re doing a good job of using the old characters while introducing us to the next generation of heroes and villains.

I agree that the Leia scene in the beginning was pretty dumb. That was really my only “WTF? moment” in the movie. It had my daughter in tears. She worries about all the original characters in these movies now ever since she saw Han die in The Force Awakens.

“Miss BangBang” has never been into Star Wars very much, but she went with us today anyway. She said she enjoyed the Yoda part and wants a pet Porg. LOL!

Oh, and I thought the scene where Luke has Rey sit on the rock and “reach out” to feel the force was pretty funny.

The only thing that sucks is that we’ve now got to wait another TWO YEARS to see the next one!

For the nerds - this is the best Star Wars documentary I've seen. Noteworthy trivia - though Fox was not enthusiastic about making the film, they agreed based on the strength of American Graffiti. As the film neared the release date, only 37 theaters had signed up to show it. Three weeks after the film's opening Fox's stock price doubled. In previous years the highest profit Fox had made in a single year was $37m. In 1977 they profited $79m due to the success of Star Wars.

The “Empire of Dreams” documentary was included on the bonus disc that came with the first DVD release of the original trilogy. I bet I’ve watched it a dozen times over the years. It has some great behind the scenes stuff in it!
B719C216-B2CD-4FDA-BE80-9471AD392FF4.jpeg
BE2B0931-5B08-4617-ADDB-ECF0567BF204.jpeg
ED20436A-0AC6-42E9-A212-693D21C42441.jpeg
716E8C37-A67C-4959-8B51-72F3C65EF0E6.jpeg
2248A44E-D252-4C5C-9555-6EAF911B7DE2.jpeg

I enjoyed it. A little more nudity than I would like but oh well. Luke always was a dumbass though. He came through in the end though.

Back
Top Bottom