• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

‘Ol Fashioned Pound Cake From Scratch

Attachments

• E928BFA8-CC95-4923-9F2A-D80121EEEDB6.jpeg
    E928BFA8-CC95-4923-9F2A-D80121EEEDB6.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 13
Man, that looks good! My wife makes
Hers from scratch as well. One of my favorites! Would go great with my coffee right now.

Just had a couple of big ol slices with coffee, mmm mmm good!

Question is what do you put on your biscuits. If you haven’t eaten them covered in Blackburn syrup you’re missing out

I haven’t tried that but I’ve used sorghum syrup, maple & pancake syrup. I like butter & honey best for sweet stuff but butter & cinnamon sugar toasted is awesome too. I like gravy, I like so many things in a biscuit it’s ridiculous. Tomatoes, fried green & fresh outta the garden, sharp & extra sharp cheese, salmon patties, sausage, bacon, eggs, I can go on and on. lol!

My next favorite is a homemade yellow cake with peanut butter icing! Boy my mom made some good ones. Really miss that.

My wife’s aunt makes a peanut butter cake, it’s so freakin good but it’s so rich you can’t eat much at one time.

Looks great. Just read something that gave a little history on Pound Cake.
My next favorite is a homemade yellow cake with peanut butter icing! Boy my mom made some good ones. Really miss that.
I remember asking my Mom to make Peanut Butter cake for my birthday one year. Pretty rich, but REALLY GOOD.

With a cup of coffee in the morning. I think I'll ask if they have a spare room. ;)
What’s also good is to put butter on both sides of a slice and put it in a cast iron skillet and fry it like you would a grilled cheese….that and a cup of coffee …..
hot damn I done went and did it…
I’m gonna have to get my wife busy now. Haven’t had one in quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom