• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

“Peek at CCW”

If the buyer rolls up with an out of state car tag or looks like he just got out of prison, I will ask.
You're kidding! Lmao

I've been on ODT for over a decade and have never once had someone actually ask to see my CCW, that I can recall.
There is a seller on ODT that demands you send ID prior to the meet or no deal.

If the buyer seems unstable or sketchy, it gives a valid reason for the seller to protect themselves and possibly the public by not selling the gun.

If you buy a gun new and it is used in a crime out of state in one of the hot spots for gun trafficking you will be contacted by the ATF.
Gun trafficking must be very profitable.
When I am in a gun shop and I see a young girl buying a gun and being very specific about the gun model, I immediately think she is making a straw purchase for a gun trafficker .

Maybe there a lot of young 110 pound girls that like Glock 23’s but something smells odd about it.

If the buyer rolls up with an out of state car tag or looks like he just got out of prison, I will ask.

I'm all for the personal liberty to do as one pleases. That's just too much, though, and I wouldn't be buying from him. One could argue that the buyer is putting himself at privacy/safety risk because of the seller's demands.

That would need to be one hell of a deal. Since he already has my address he could just come on over To my house.

Trust but verify. It’s a simple way to verify that someone has passed a BG check. At least once. Even though there’s no way for a seller to know if it’s valid.

Good piece of mind for a seller you might not be familiar with (new or low/no feedback).

I generally just skip those buyers over… but I think it’s a reasonable measure for someone with no feedback. You guys are just animals. 😂
Someone told me “welcome to the jungle” when I first joined and I took it literal. Don’t make me start throwing my poop like a chimp 😎

Back
Top Bottom