• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

02 Tahoe strange seat problem

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
Strange problem here. Usually, when you push the seat heat button it cycles through Hi Lo Off with each push of the button.

All of a sudden, pushing the button just cycles Lo Off Lo Off, never Hi. There no 'dead' position, ie Hi, but no light.

Passenger seat's still working fine.

Only thing that's changed is I replaced the driver side rear view mirror with a heated, but not auto dimming, one. I really can't see how the auto dim side mirror function would be tied in.

Anyone else ever seen this on a GM ?

Sounds like you had removed the driver side door panel. Check the connections at the seat heat switch, and any other connectors.

Sounds like you had removed the driver side door panel. Check the connections at the seat heat switch, and any other connectors.

No, just popped the mirror out of the housing and replaced. The strange thing is it just toggles 'Lo', 'Off'. I'd expect that one 'click' wouldn't do anything, (the 'Hi' position), but the 'Lo' light is just toggling on and off.

Mine does the same thing. Sometimes high works sometimes not. Nitvreakly an issue to me since it only gets cold enough to need high about 2hours a year.
I’d be interested to find out what the fix is.

I checked www.rockauto.com , but couldn't find a 'seat heater switch'. If they pop out easy(probably not), you could try the sw. from the pass. side, assuming there are two separate sw.'s.

Worth a try. It's not a big deal, but things that don't work properly bug me. You have to take the door card off to get to it though.

Rockauto is one of my least favorite sites, they never have what I want, or it's too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom