• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'03 6.0 F250 smoking...

Another way to check for fuel in the oil is with some newspaper. Take the dipstick and drop a drop of oil on the newspaper and let it sit for 10mins. If there's fuel in the oil, you'll see a halo ring around the darker drop of oil on the paper.

Another way to check for fuel in the oil is with some newspaper. Take the dipstick and drop a drop of oil on the newspaper and let it sit for 10mins. If there's fuel in the oil, you'll see a halo ring around the darker drop of oil on the paper.
Never seen that. Truthfully never hope to try lol.

You can check you oil level and notice the smell when you do. If its is indeed the injectors leaking, it will increase the oil level as it gets past the rings.

Also how are the boost levels and the egts?

I checked the oil shortly after the ticking started, it was fine. I don't have any gauges, but it is running normally. Well, other than the smoking and ticking.

Dealership wont care, but if they flash it you're screwed.

I would take it to a diesel shop. Dunn right diesel specializes in the 6.0 but they are in Rome

Now to find someone that has the equipment to diagnose individual injectors. I may end up having to take it to the dealership. Any idea how they will react to the deletes and no exhaust?
They wont be bothered by that if your a paying customer. Find a diesel shop and save yourself headache and money. Pulling the injectors isnt to terrible if you have the time and tools.

Back
Top Bottom