• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

04/01 Hunt

Man I should have, I went out scouting yesterday evening and didn't hear anything. The wind kicked up so I figured it would have kept them quiet but a buddy went out this am and said they were gobbling like crazy.

I wonder if these cool morning temps are firing them up.

I'm heading out tomorrow am though.

Man I should have, I went out scouting yesterday evening and didn't hear anything. The wind kicked up so I figured it would have kept them quiet but a buddy went out this am and said they were gobbling like crazy.

I wonder if these cool morning temps are firing them up.

I'm heading out tomorrow am though.
Yeah I don’t know if it’s reallly the cooler temps as much as it is the front that came through yesterday.Just like deer hunting is better before and after a front moving through.

All quiet yesterday morning. Didn’t hear a peep, but it was windy. Bumped one bird walking in at about 7:45.
This morning I heard 3 distant gobbles but I couldn’t pinpoint the locations. Didn’t see or hear anything in the woods. This cold snap has them shut down. Even the owls, crows, and woodpeckers were pretty quiet. As the pressure rises the birds should start firing back up. I think this weekend will be good. That unusually warm March had them fired up earlier than normal and this cold seems to have caught them by surprise. Mid day- afternoons will probably be a little better until the nighttime temps bump back up.

All quiet yesterday morning. Didn’t hear a peep, but it was windy. Bumped one bird walking in at about 7:45.
This morning I heard 3 distant gobbles but I couldn’t pinpoint the locations. Didn’t see or hear anything in the woods. This cold snap has them shut down. Even the owls, crows, and woodpeckers were pretty quiet. As the pressure rises the birds should start firing back up. I think this weekend will be good. That unusually warm March had them fired up earlier than normal and this cold seems to have caught them by surprise. Mid day- afternoons will probably be a little better until the nighttime temps bump back up.
Yeah I’m gonna try it this evening and see how it goes. I think I seen you on a different site asking the same question that I did about how the shelter in place order and how it will affect turkey season. Lol

Yeah I’m gonna try it this evening and see how it goes. I think I seen you on a different site asking the same question that I did about how the shelter in place order and how it will affect turkey season. Lol
Probably so, the only positive thing to come out of this pandemic is more hunting time, I’m trying to tag out and get my wife at least one bird (her first). Was it another local outdoor forum that rhymes with “pee on tin”?

Probably so, the only positive thing to come out of this pandemic is more hunting time, I’m trying to tag out and get my wife at least one bird (her first). Was it another local outdoor forum that rhymes with “pee on tin”?
Yes sir that is the one. Lol yeah well I will still have to work, but I’m gonna try to get my last turkey before season is over.

Back
Top Bottom