• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

09-18 Deer Hunt

Just got in the tree. Passed on 2 does. hoping this midday pattern continues. The bachelor group has now grown to three bucks. I want one of them.
The Tree Sharks are hungry....
68B23667-8000-4BCF-AC61-59A2635EB18C.jpeg

Ran a buck out the cotton field this morning leaving the house for work. Got me all excited for the weekend. Overcast day here and looks like it could rain any min. Good luck to everyone fortunate enough to be in the woods today.

It almost happened. I passed on a 30 yard shot on 2 different does. I really don’t want to booger that spot up while that bachelor group is bedding close by. After they moved off, it was rather uneventful until 2:15.
I had an ear wide buck come out of the bedding area and start working his way down to me. He got to within 45 yards and started browsing around. The wind swirled a little bit and I guess he caught my scent. He turned and eased on back up the hill without going on alarm or flagging. It was kind of thick where he was and I never got a good look at his rack, but I could tell he was out to his ears in width. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Back
Top Bottom