• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1/12/21 hunt

Congrats! That is a heckuva deer!
Thanks. He's either the best or second best I've ever taken. I'll have to measure to be sure.

A cool side note. I had three serious shooters on camera and he's the smallest of the three. I'm tagged out, so the other two will make it to next year... hopefully.

Thanks. He's either the best or second best I've ever taken. I'll have to measure to be sure.

A cool side note. I had three serious shooters on camera and he's the smallest of the three. I'm tagged out, so the other two will make it to next year... hopefully.

I was gonna say.
This season has been good to you.
Glad someone is getting some big uns.

I was gonna say.
This season has been good to you.
Glad someone is getting some big uns.
I'm fortunate to have a pretty good honey hole. It only took 45 years to find it. LOL!

I'm still trying to figure it out. First thing is that the rut is not a good time for me here. Few does, so the really big boys move out of the area looking for love. Late season is when they come back and has been most productive for me. Also, right when a good buck would reach an age where they would be an extraordinary buck, they seem to permanently disappear. I don't know if another hunter is taking them or if they just shift their territory for some reason. Typically I'll never see those two other big bucks I have on trail cam next fall. They'll simply be gone.

Back
Top Bottom