• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1/8 Hunt

Got another for the freezer.. the bullet was in the hide on far side. No tracking or dragging. It mushroomed perfect. 350 legend
I gave that 350 legend a second look, but went with 6.5 creedmoore for my son. Ammo availability is good for the 350. The 6.5 ammo is scarce. Have to hunt it !!

So I harvested one and while butchering found a broadhead with about 3 inches of arrow shaft lodged in the high ribs next to the spine. All healed up, probably from last year. You guys come across this much?

Giving it a go with my favorite hunting buddy

Attachments

• 5A52420F-4415-44BC-AF93-09BE85718D4E.jpeg
    5A52420F-4415-44BC-AF93-09BE85718D4E.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 24
So I harvested one and while butchering found a broadhead and about 3 inches of arrow shaft lodged in the high ribs next to the spine. All healed up, probably from last year. You guys come across this much?
Happened to a buddy of mine once, but never experienced it in a deer that I harvested.

I'm tagged out on bucks so my season is over. Went yesterday evening and didn't see a deer for the first time this season from that spot. It's been an awesome season for me and I'm truly grateful for all the time I got to spend in the woods. Lord willing I'm looking forward to next season! Good luck all!

Back
Top Bottom