• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1-Year Grid Down Prep

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
This is a very hard catastrophe to prepare for. It is not an unlikely event.

The event would entail:

No running water, no gasoline, no food at stores, no medicines, no HVAC, no electricity, no cell service, no land lines, violence, bandits, death, death, and more death, filth, mental breakdowns, etc., etc..

And the duration - a year. Forget about your gas or propane generators. Your stockpile of fuel is no where near what you would need even if the generator would last a year based on that run-time. Solar power is the only viable solution, and most people don't have that option.

Most people don't have access to more than 3 months of medication.

I would list the top priorities as: Water, Food, Shelter, Meds, First-aid, Protection, and a plan.

What I consider next level down priorities: Toiletries, Radio-solar powered, Items for barter - Booze, coffee, etc., Insect Repellant, Books/Information on First Aid, wild eatables, etc., Clothes Detergent, Fire, Fuel to buy time to get situated ...

How do you see it?

What is your plan to deal with each of these items?

The event would entail:

No running water, no gasoline, no food at stores, no medicines, no HVAC, no electricity, no cell service, no land lines, violence, bandits, death, death, and more death, filth, mental breakdowns, etc., etc..

And the duration - a year. Forget about your gas or propane generators. Your stockpile of fuel is no where near what you would need even if the generator would last a year based on that run-time. Solar power is the only viable solution, and most people don't have that option.

I would list the top priorities as: Water, Food, Shelter, Meds, First-aid, Protection, and a plan.

What I consider next level down priorities: Toiletries, Radio-solar powered, Items for barter - Booze, coffee, etc., Insect Repellant, Books/Information on First Aid, wild eatables, etc., Clothes Detergent, Fire, Fuel to buy time to get situated ...

How do you see it?

Death.

The event would entail:

How do you see it?

Always prepare, don’t think just cause this is America it can’t happen. A lot of other countries found that out the hard way.

And when order is restored (and it will be), YOU will be prosecuted and imprisoned for what you did.
Who says they will do anything wrong?
And if Society collapses, unless you are a complete despot, I doubt anyone would be prosecuted for what most of the survivors did. The survivors will be the ones restoring order.

The top 3 medical causes of death in 3rd world countries are skin problems, diarrhea, and respiratory issues.

Plenty of soap, peroxide, and skin treatment cream will prevent a lot of skin issues.

A stock of Pepto Bismol or other stomach soothing medicine is simple and can certainly help with diarrhea.

Cough drops may sound too simple for respiratory problems, but they can help big time. Other over the counter medicines are recommended as well.

These are simple but helpful ways to avoid some medical issues that we consider minor here in the states, but can be very serious in less civilized places and conditions.

Back
Top Bottom