• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1-Year Grid Down Prep

It will last as long as the electricity that drives the pumps to keep the pressure up in the lines, I'd think.
There is a lot of natural gas under pressure in the miles and miles of gas pipe. Even with no pumps, it will take a while for that pressure to bleed down.

It is like a large tank of compressed air on an air compressor.

There is a lot of natural gas under pressure in the miles and miles of gas pipe. Even with no pumps, it will take a while for that pressure to bleed down.

It is like a large tank of compressed air on an air compressor.
Yes, that's understood. You also have to realize there will also be a LOT of drawdown on those lines. There are parts of some gas supply systems that use NG combustion engines that use a small amount of the gas to keep up the pressure, but I think that's in the minority rather than the majority. I could be wrong, however...

Can you send me the Solar Oven information. Thanks
Solar ovens are all loosely based on the principle of a parabola....that reflective shape which somewhat fits the formula of a parabola (Y^2=4*fX, where f is the focal point and where the item is to be placed for cooking).... It works the same for RF.. Different commercial versions available and very likely tons of YouTube videos for how to make your own....

Amazon.com : solar oven

Don’t duck it up with math....lol
They work
Math is my bag, man....RF, mainly - antenna engineer. Point is concentration of solar energy at a focal point... basically, a large diameter umbrella (like a golf umbrella) with a light reflective surface on the inside and a place to put the item to be cooked at the right focal point is all that's needed...

Back
Top Bottom