• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1-Year Grid Down Prep

I wouldn't mind bathing in untreated rain water or river water. The Sawyer straw is listed as being good for 100,000 gallons. That should be enough to drink and cook with.
If the water is already clear 100k gallons is reasonable. What if it is a puddle? The filter clogs after 25 gallons? How are you getting water through the straw into the cooking vessel?

I bought a small two-panel solar charger some years back- each panel is around 8" x 10" and together they can store power in a power bank which I have used (following Hurricane Michael) to play music from my cellphone until the electricity came back- couple days later. I keep it stored in a Faraday cage should it ever be needed. We get about 60 inches of rain here each year. I'd have to build something likened to a cistern to store rainwater washing off of the house and devise a treatment method.
"A treatment Method" for water to drink is a Berkey Water Filter. We use ours everyday, it filters all pathogens, and nuclear particles.

Most people don't have the space or funds for a full blown run your house solar system.

If you do, great!! You will have it much better than most - assuming it doesn't get taken out with the same thing that got the grid.

In 1950 Venezuela was the forth wealthiest nation in the world. Now look at what's become of it. Can you imagine trying to warn people right be Chavez took power about what was coming. They would have looked at you like had 3 heads.
In the 90s they were still wealthy. Little by little they crumbled. It’s very sad and we are not immune to the communism that destroyed their country. Hyperinflation, fuel rationing, people being persecuted by the public due to their beliefs politically. All that is happening here , right now.

It may not be ideal, but swimming pool chlorine will clean the heck out of water, and is safe to drink in moderate amounts. Depending on the amount of water available, a stockpile of pool cleaner will work. If you have a pool, even better.

Most people don't have the space or funds for a full blown run your house solar system.

If you do, great!! You will have it much better than most.

If you do, great!! You will have it much better than most.
In the video above, this guy shows how to do it but not whole house. He does a great job and it is worth your time to see what he does and how. I think most could install his system and fit it into a budget.

Back
Top Bottom