• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10-12 Hunt

I’ve got turkeys yelping everywhere around me. The other guys that hunt this property put up a feeder and set it to go off at 8:15. But they only rifle hunt. Trying to get another one or two before they even start

I busted a doe this morning at first light.
It did the most impressive Nadia Cominich I’ve ever seen.
Jumped up about 8 feet vertical, did a back flip with a full twist and hit the ground running.
Ran about 18 yards and piled up.

You are starting to make the rest of us look bad. Congrats.

You are starting to make the rest of us look bad. Congrats.

Been lucky for sure.
I tried another new spot on a hunch where I saw a big scrape the other day with a few nice creek crossing trails and it paid off.
I sat for a while hoping more would come by and I heard some on the ridge but they passed through to the opposite side.
I was hoping for a twofer but wanted to get that deer dragged out before the dogs came.
There’s a pack of dogs that come through every morning and evening and run deer.
My intention is to kill the lead dog.
Yes....I will kill that dog and bury it right there.

Good luck folks! I got home from work a while ago, just sitting here sipping my morning coffee and formulating a gameplan. I’m most likely going to sit with my Daughter this evening. If the wind is right, our setup will be the narrow creek drain where I have been getting the pictures of the bachelor group of bucks. Hopefully she will connect with one of them.

Good luck folks! I got home from work a while ago, just sitting here sipping my morning coffee and formulating a gameplan. I’m most likely going to sit with my Daughter this evening. If the wind is right, our setup will be the narrow creek drain where I have been getting the pictures of the bachelor group of bucks. Hopefully she will connect with one of them.

Good luck tonight.
If anyone makes us look bad it’s that little deer slayer of yours.

Lol. Thanks.
Looks like you’ve done quite well this season.
I’m trying to get her to tote her 7mm08, but I think she’s gonna want to use the suppressed Blackout.

Did you ever think you’d be saying those words when your Daughter was born?
Don’t answer that....I think I know the answer......haha.

Put my buddy in my stand with my muzzleloader and he finally scored his 1st deer. I got over to him and he was still shaking...He said now I know what you mean about this buck fever stuff)even though it was doe). He was soooo excited. It was awesome.

Attachments

• AC2BD4B1-7332-4CDE-AFF6-6EE06BACE539.jpeg
    AC2BD4B1-7332-4CDE-AFF6-6EE06BACE539.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom