• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/22 Experts, I need some advice

I have a 50th anniversary, design contest winner, 10/22. When the rifle is sighted in, the windage is adjusted as far right as it will go. Others have shot it and confirmed that's it's sighted in. This had a mini 14 style rear aperture. Today I replaced with mini 200 tech-sights and it still had to be adjusted way right.

I also bottomed out the elevation adjustment and was still shooting high, this is with the new tech-sights. Since I was talking off the sights to figure out a way to shim it and gain some more adjustment, I stripped the entire rifle down. I'm hoping the barrel was seated a little off causing my windage issue, and I can correct by reattaching the barrel.

Is there any trick to putting the barrel back on? I know I can reattach it, but do I need a torque wrench or is there anything else I need to pay attention to when doing this? Since its apart for the first time, I'm going to polish the trigger. I'm also going to look up the mod for the bolt release, I heard you can mod it so you can just pull back on it to release it. Any other modifications I should look at doing?

@inkandammo

They did a barrel replacement on it. I could only really sight in at 25 before I sent it back. Still have it and it's the only 22 rifle I ever shoot.

Another happy ending Ruger story. Had one myself this week!

freedom freedom I'm planning on attending Appleseed in Blue Ridge in April to try to redeem myself after a 10/22 failure during the AQTs.

You still Appleseeding in the Macon area?

Another happy ending Ruger story. Had one myself this week!

freedom freedom I'm planning on attending Appleseed in Blue Ridge in April to try to redeem myself after a 10/22 failure during the AQTs.

You still Appleseeding in the Macon area?

Mostly, I'm at all the ones there but I might venture out on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom