• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

^^10/22 Takedown Tactical Model..??

Jholdbrooks

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
173   0
Reaction score
I've really been considering getting the 10/22 takedown model and before I just jump in I would like to hear you guys opinions on them. It would be my first 10/22, I grew up on Model 60's and love them as well! I have a Henry and was wondering how the accuracy of the 10/22 compares? And also was curious at how the BX-25 mags feed. I've read reviews on other forums and watched YouTube videos on them, so now I just would like for the 10/22 fans on here to chime in.:) and thanks in advance!

10/22's are great. The take down model is well done. There are a million and one modifications/parts to improve an already great rifle also. The BX-25 mags are great. I've never seen or had an issue with them feeding under any circumstances. It's money well spent.

10/22's are great. The take down model is well done. There are a million and one modifications/parts to improve an already great rifle also. The BX-25 mags are great. I've never seen or had an issue with them feeding under any circumstances. It's money well spent.

This

Thanks for your reply! This is what I'm wanting to hear!

Glad to help. I don't think you'll find a single ODT'er that'll tell you different. The 10-22 in general is just a well built, solid, reasonably priced, no excuses rifle.

I've had roughly 10 Ruger 10/22's and have never had a single issue with any of them. Not. a. one. The only issues I've ever had have been with certain 3rd-party magazines not feeding correctly, but the BX-25's are outstanding. There are a few upgrades that I do to all of mine (replacing the rear pin w/ a plastic one and modifying the bolt-lock so it releases easier) but that's just my preferences. I currently have a take-down model and agree with the above comments; they're made well, lock up tight, and are as accurate as a standard 10/22. I have a rail that has the "U" shape cut in the middle so the iron sights are still visible but it allows me to throw a quick-release scope on it when I want one.

I've had roughly 10 Ruger 10/22's and have never had a single issue with any of them. Not. a. one. The only issues I've ever had have been with certain 3rd-party magazines not feeding correctly, but the BX-25's are outstanding. There are a few upgrades that I do to all of mine (replacing the rear pin w/ a plastic one and modifying the bolt-lock so it releases easier) but that's just my preferences. I currently have a take-down model and agree with the above comments; they're made well, lock up tight, and are as accurate as a standard 10/22. I have a rail that has the "U" shape cut in the middle so the iron sights are still visible but it allows me to throw a quick-release scope on it when I want one.
You guys are going to convince me into buying one..lol.! My buddy brought his new takedown model up here to work yesterday and I played with it some. The bolt lock was a pain to get to release, which I thought was a turn down. Is this common on these? It seemed like if you wasn't holding your tongue just right then it wasn't going to release lol

Back
Top Bottom