• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

^^10/22 Takedown Tactical Model..??

You guys are going to convince me into buying one..lol.! My buddy brought his new takedown model up here to work yesterday and I played with it some. The bolt lock was a pain to get to release, which I thought was a turn down. Is this common on these? It seemed like if you wasn't holding your tongue just right then it wasn't going to release lol

That problem you described is the reason I do this mod to all of my 10/22's. You can easily find how out to do it by using a simple Google search or by looking on YouTube, and you can either buy a replacement part or do it yourself with a file or a Dremel. Once the mod or replacement is in place, you pull back on the bolt and push in the bolt-catch to engage it, then simply pull back on the bolt and release it to close the bolt w/out the need to mess w/ the bolt-catch.

sysg7a.jpg

That problem you described is the reason I do this mod to all of my 10/22's. You can easily find how out to do it by using a simple Google search or by looking on YouTube, and you can either buy a replacement part or do it yourself with a file or a Dremel. Once the mod or replacement is in place, you pull back on the bolt and push in the bolt-catch to engage it, then simply pull back on the bolt and release it to close the bolt w/out the need to mess w/ the bolt-catch.

View attachment 269237

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into this!

I've had two 1022s and never had a single reliability issue while using the factory 10 round bx10 mag or a bx25 like others have said the only issue you will ever see function wise is if you use after market magazines. The auto bolt release mentioned above is a must IMHO but other than that no changes are necessary to the rifle right out of the box. That doesn't mean you won't want to make changes though; I spent more time buying cool parts/stocks and gadgets and suping it up then I probably spent shooting the thing. Definitely a favorite. No experience with the take down model but I've heard nothing but good things and will own one soon I hope.

View attachment 269237
Heck yea man thanks for the heads up. I'll look into this fo sho:)

Back
Top Bottom