• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10% discount at Academy for first responders -yes even for guns and ammo

strongtactics

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Governor
255   0
Reaction score
I just left Academy in Evans (outside Augusta, GA) where I purchased some 22LR ammo (they limit any ammo to 5 boxes, no matter the caliber, apparently). At checkout they asked if I was military/law enforcement/first responder and I said yes and showed my badge. I got 10% off of the ammo. Not a huge discount, but it beat Walmart's price on the same item and Walmart only had 2 boxes of it left on the shelf anyway.

So, I walked back to the gun counter and asked them directly if that same discount applies towards actual firearms and 2 separate employees said that it does.

I checked their weekly ad and this includes healthcare professionals as well. The sale goes through May 25th.
Unfortunately, they were low or out of a lot of the common calibers such as 9mm (I saw 1 or 2 brands of it).

Just passing this along.

I buy quite a few guns there. Their store policy is to beat any deal by 5%. Find a lgs that has what you want on sale within 50 miles advertised in stock . Make them match it plus 5% then you get another 10% off. I did this on a taurus 38 awhile back for $199. Taurus was running a $40 mail in rebate. I ended up with $150 in a new snub nose

I live 5 minutes from the new Sports Academy in Buford. I buy there Monarch 7.62x39 sealed cans usually I pay $99 with my coupon. I just call them place my order they text me when its ready for pick up. Have not bought them since the craziness started but I will go back if and when it calms down with the ammo buying.

I buy quite a few guns there. Their store policy is to beat any deal by 5%. Find a lgs that has what you want on sale within 50 miles advertised in stock . Make them match it plus 5% then you get another 10% off. I did this on a taurus 38 awhile back for $199. Taurus was running a $40 mail in rebate. I ended up with $150 in a new snub nose

Do you have to take them a sales paper from the LGS or what?

Do you have to take them a sales paper from the LGS or what?
No, I just show them the ad on my phone. Bought another g2c awhile back for $199 -5%. When I was doing it two other people bought them. Store manager was pissed but they have to do it. Plus the gun guys suck anyways. Never see them try to sell ammo, eyes, ears, holsters, targets nothing. But that’s Athens and they are mostly ****ty college kids that daddy told had to get a job

No, I just show them the ad on my phone. Bought another g2c awhile back for $199 -5%. When I was doing it two other people bought them. Store manager was pissed but they have to do it. Plus the gun guys suck anyways. Never see them try to sell ammo, eyes, ears, holsters, targets nothing. But that’s Athens and they are mostly ****ty college kids that daddy told had to get a job

Gotcha so it won't work with online retailers right? I'm down in BFE, none of the LGS have ads or internet advertisements lol

15% hustla discount lol

Back
Top Bottom