• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm deer hunting handgun round

I use this brand for different situations and I am 100 percent convinced and completely trust it for effectiveness. Underwood 140gr Extreme Penetrator 1500FPS MV/700 ME, Underwood 140gr Controlled Fracturing Hollow 1500FPS MV/700 ME, Underwood 155gr XTP 1500FPS MV/774ME ,Underwood 180gr XTP 1300FPS MV/676 ME ,Underwood 200gr Hard Cast Flat Nose 1200FPS MV/703 ME . I carry 4 mags hunting Deer 155gr XTP AND 180gr XTP and 200gr Cast for Hogs or if Bear gets pissed for attitude adjustment!. The 140gr are for the range and protection. Depending on you pistola and length of barrel I would choose Underwood 180XTP all around if you only want to shoot deer and meat hunt. For a challenge the 155gr is more than enough to take thin pelted Animals like deer for longer shots. Underwood is by far the best for the money and quality (Less FTF & Packs a punch) Some folks will swear by Double Tap, Cor Bon, Buffalo Bore and still prefer UNDERWOOD . The cool thing about the 10mm is that it is offered on a 1911 or small easier to handle frame and weight. Other options exist in automatics .357/.44/.460 Roland etc. but some of us just prefer 10MM. Take some time and read the reviews on the Underwood Web-site 10MM ARE AWESOME WEAPONS . You will enjoy shooting yours. Pick one that has good sights and trigger and can handle high case pressure. The DW 1911 Bruin 6" slide is on my Bucket list. Good hunting PRATICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE=Confidence

Boy you said it!

After getting comfortable with my .454 Ruger I took it hunting.
When I finally had the opportunity to use it I was on the ground leaning up against a tree.
I put my wrists between my knees to steady myself and took the shot.
I set myself on fire!!!

The escaping gas and flash from the cylinder gap, hit my waterproofed hunting pants and the waterproofing burned off in a flash, burned as fast as gunpowder on the ground!
Scared the hell out of me, I was in the middle of nowhere, far from help and alone.
I dropped trousers quick and took a look at my leg and fortunately it was just red.
(I did get the HUGE doe.)

But for someone else's sake I'll say what you said again!
There's a BIG difference in sitting on a bench and shooting and actually shooting at a Deer in the woods!!!
Watch hickok45 **How not to shoot a revolver ** Also watch RAZOR DOBBS hunting with Dan Wesson 10mm Razorback using 155gr cartridge I believe. Entertaining/Educational

Boy you said it!

After getting comfortable with my .454 Ruger I took it hunting.
When I finally had the opportunity to use it I was on the ground leaning up against a tree.
I put my wrists between my knees to steady myself and took the shot.
I set myself on fire!!!

The escaping gas and flash from the cylinder gap, hit my waterproofed hunting pants and the waterproofing burned off in a flash, burned as fast as gunpowder on the ground!
Scared the hell out of me, I was in the middle of nowhere, far from help and alone.
I dropped trousers quick and took a look at my leg and fortunately it was just red.
(I did get the HUGE doe.)

But for someone else's sake I'll say what you said again!
There's a BIG difference in sitting on a bench and shooting and actually shooting at a Deer in the woods!!!

Glad you were alright!
I think I may have seen that actually!!!
Fire makes people
setting-himself-on-fire.gif
move rally fast , ever notice that?

How accurate are you@25yds, 50yds etc. I use modified DW Razorback 1911 w/target sights ,trigger job etc . Not familiar with Glock. Without optics or exceptional target sights don't take chances, 155gr XTP=longer range retaining energy with plenty of knock down. Some people prefer 180gr XTP which is also very effective. See what your Glock prefers and you can group effectively with and stick with it.
All 3 groups are from 25 yds with sig 10mm fmj. The top center is from a sig P220 10mm, the other 2 are glock 20. And, I'm at best an average pistol shot. So the guns are definitely capable of more!
05f1103c351321c24984413dc5b0dd7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

How accurate are you@25yds, 50yds etc. I use modified DW Razorback 1911 w/target sights ,trigger job etc . Not familiar with Glock. Without optics or exceptional target sights don't take chances, 155gr XTP=longer range retaining energy with plenty of knock down. Some people prefer 180gr XTP which is also very effective. See what your Glock prefers and you can group effectively with and stick with it.
Yeah, just re read your post. I thought you were asking how accurate is a g20 at 25yds..... Oh well, I guess I failed reading comprehension!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom