• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm Hi points

Picked up a camo 1095 2 weeks ago. My brother got jealous so he came up and bought a black one they still had left at the local pawn shop.

Both have functioned flawless. I have loaded 155 grains and 180s and the Hi-points seem to like the 180 HAP/XTP bullets the best. Using No9 powder, got me the best velocity and lowest SD of about 11. I am getting 1550 FPS with the 180 and 25 yard groups are around 1" with irons. Bluedot turned in good groups also, but the SDs were not good. May put a scope on it and shoot further and see if it does even better. I already owned a 4095 and 4595. My 4095 sold me on the platform years ago as I was getting 3" groups at 100 yards with irons, but my eyes are as good as they used to be.

As usual, the Hipoints do not win any beauty contest, although I have to say the camo one is sharp. They are a bit heavy but sturdy enough to handle anything you can put in them. One thing I don't like is the brass comes out really dirty. I guess the blow back action lets gas escape on the breech end before the bullet leaves the barrel. Even had some smoke coming from the magazine after shooting, doesn't seem to be any issues other than getting the mag dirty though. The trigger isn't the greatest, feels cheap and spongy, but it isn't hard to pull. The sights are solid and are fully adjustable on front and rear and easy to aim. The 1095 came with threaded barrel also. It has a gel type cheek riser on it, but it tends to pull you beard when shooting if you have one.

These things are not nearly as well refined and finished as my Sig P220 or P229 or 629, but they work and work well and a whole lot less expensive.

Family portrait:
1095 top
4595 middle
4095 bottom
4420189926[1].jpg

Rosewood

Tempted to pick one up to keep in the truck.

I won't carry my other two 10mm gun's, an AR15 & S&W 1066. Those two are just too much money to scuff up and abuse.

It's funny, I never thought I'd be shopping for a Hi-Point!

The carbines have always been the best bang for the buck in PCCs. The shade people throw on the pistols tends to carry over onto them, but what makes a really clunky gun in a pistol makes a pretty decent low-cost gun in a carbine.

The high point carbine has to be the best bang for the buck for a truck gun or just home defense. If something happens they are going to take your gun and throw it around on the evidence shelf like it's a hockey puck. Scratch the hell out of and lord knows what else. I wouldn't want them doing that to my prized 1911 I can tell you that for sho!

Yeah, always gets me in movies. "Drop you gun, kick it over here". I would have a hard time dropping any gun and kicking it. I might lay it down slowly and step back.

Back
Top Bottom