• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm recipes

Tidbit:

10mm, and 9x23 are both designed to use unsupported barrels without problems. The brass is much stronger than many other calibers. The Delta Elite uses a non-ramped barrel. Not that a ramped barrel or tighter chamber is a problem, it just is not needed for normal pressure loads.

So, to resurrect this thread, I am waffling between grabbing a pound of aa #9 or long shot. Looking for something that meters well. Not intending to load sd rounds at first, just plinking rounds.

Thinking these for bullets:
http://www.xtremebullets.com/10-40-165-RNFP-p/xc1040-165rnfp-b0500.th

Open to other (cheaper) options for projectiles but would like to go wistay with copper/plated bullets as I am shooting a Glock. Not sure if xtreme is the best option but they are my go to for 9mm projectiles except when cabelas runs berrys on sale.

I tend to always go with cci primers and will buy once fired brass as usual.

Looking for your pet powder and bullet for plinking loads. I'd still like to load hotter rounds to mimic sd rounds when plonking but realize my original weight/fps goal is well out of reach.

Thanks for your help!

I use extreme 155 grain plated in my 10 MM with fine results, good quality product for me so far.
I use them for 380, 9 MM, 38 Super,38 Spl, 10 MM and 45 acp.
any of the Accurate powders meter well as does HS-6 and give good results in the more powerful cartridges.
Extreme should be having the Valentines day sale here shortly, usually 10-15 % off and maybe free shipping as well.

Between #9 and LongShot, I would go with LongShot. I personally like #5, Clays Universal, HS-6, and 800x in the 10 or Forty.

800x is the most bang for the buck, but will not meter quite as well, but it will meter well enough-for me. I just load them a little under max.

Plated bullets are great, but I quit using the 155 in my HK 40S&W because they flew apart in the barrel. They could not take the 1 in 10 twist rate at over 1000fps. I went with a heavier bullet. It was at least 5 years ago. They may have improved since that time. Most plated start out as swagged lead, the weekest of choices.

I run FMJ or Gold Dot for high speed 10mm.

It is strictly my opinion, but I think the best way to plink with a 10mm Glock is to buy a 40 barrel conversion from LoneWolf. I put one in a 10mm and rarely install the 10mm barrel.

180 gr bullet / Longshot powder / 1287 FPS
200 gr bullet / Longshot powder / 1172 FPS
This from a 5'' barrel

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol

10mm.jpg

Interesting 1006, which plated projectile were you using when you got separation??
I push both the 10 MM (155) and 38 Super (115 & 124) well above 1000 FPS using Extreme and never had any problems?
course they are not from a H K either.
Accurate #5 is my preference as it has more load possibilities than Accurate #9.

I believe it was the Raniear Plated--it has been a while. I used to only use those, then I switched to the Berry Bullets for plated bullets.

I believe it was the Raniear Plated--it has been a while. I used to only use those, then I switched to the Berry Bullets for plated bullets.

Gotcha!
I have used Ranier , Berry in the past but don't think I ever loaded the Ranier in 10 MM, I did in the 38 super.
now I have been using Extreme for a while.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom