• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm reloading advice needed

littleitaly

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
6   0
Reaction score
I have fallen in love with the 10mm auto and would like to reload some hotter target rounds than what is normally found on the shelf (without being unsafe and/or stupid). Any advice on this matter? Brand of powder, amount, bullet recommendations, etc? I am going to load 180 and 200gr fmj bullets.

10mmFirearms.com has factory puli down data of just about any 10mm load that is out there. I have heard Norma is going to release there original load of a 220gr bullet @1200fps sometimes this year. I have had a 10mm for about 6-7 years now and it is one of my favorite handguns. Reloading manuals and 10mmFirearms.com is where I got my data from. Be sure you read the post of all the exploded guns on that site. Be safe.

10mmFirearms.com has factory puli down data of just about any 10mm load that is out there. I have heard Norma is going to release there original load of a 220gr bullet @1200fps sometimes this year. I have had a 10mm for about 6-7 years now and it is one of my favorite handguns. Reloading manuals and 10mmFirearms.com is where I got my data from. Be sure you read the post of all the exploded guns on that site. Be safe.
thank you

I had a couple of boxes of Norma loads loaded to orig. specs. They are some kind of hot. Killed a couple of deer with them.

I'm not sure any American manufacturer still loads any loads to orig. specs. Most of the off the shelf loads are .40 S&W specs. Go figure.

When you use the original specs, it's hard on the brass and you are in 44 mag. territory. I didn't spend a lot of range time shooting them. I found the 180 gr. bullets to be much more pleasurable to shoot at range sessions.

One thing I do know, if you ever get into bowling pin shooting, a 200 gr. 10 mm slap knocks them backwards off the table. You don't get many "spinners". Won me some pin matches with my 10.

I had a couple of boxes of Norma loads loaded to orig. specs. They are some kind of hot. Killed a couple of deer with them.

I'm not sure any American manufacturer still loads any loads to orig. specs. Most of the off the shelf loads are .40 S&W specs. Go figure.

When you use the original specs, it's hard on the brass and you are in 44 mag. territory. I didn't spend a lot of range time shooting them. I found the 180 gr. bullets to be much more pleasurable to shoot at range sessions.

One thing I do know, if you ever get into bowling pin shooting, a 200 gr. 10 mm slap knocks them backwards off the table. You don't get many "spinners". Won me some pin matches with my 10.

Do you have the recipe on the Norma loads? If so would you PM them to me?

Back
Top Bottom