• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm??? Who needs it when you have .40

So much fail in one post.

Dibs on guns (the ones that are still intact).

I find it funny the amount of people that "chime" in on these threads that have no idea what they are talking about. This is an informative thread for discussion, not OHHh glocks can't shoot cast or OOphhh reloading will blow a glock up.

I find it funny the amount of people that "chime" in on these threads that have no idea what they are talking about. This is an informative thread for discussion, not OHHh glocks can't shoot cast or OOphhh reloading will blow a glock up.

I never said either one of those things.

Dollars to donuts you won't start a thread when you blow your hand off though.

Have you ever seen a Glock for sale with only the aftermarket or a mismatched barrel? Or maybe a full out Frankenstein? If you do, it's normally OK, but if you have accuracy issues, look at the corner of the ejection port. I saw an old barrel in a salesman's parts kit where you could see a bulge in the center. It was his anti-lead sales tool.

That's nice, do you cast or have you shot large amounts of cast in a glock barrel? You ppl believe popular fads as opposed to fact. If lone wolf and kkm could not convince enough ppl that you have to have a rifled barrel to shoot cast, they would be out of business. Marketing schemes and such. I used to be that gullable until a conversation with another member ncugrad about this subject. He has probably over 40k rounds of cast shot through his glock. So I ditched lone wolf barrel and my g20 kkm barrel. I have been shooting cast ever since. But if you must believe popular fad, shoot published loads that are "safe". Shoot jacketed because its "reassuring" and put your bible "glock owners manual" under your pillow at night

its a recorded FACT that lead in a poly bbl will build up. how long and what tolerance is up for debate. be safe and clean your bore after every shoot. i personally prefer a cut barrel. ever wonder why none of the top rifle bbl makers make poly bbls?

I am in hinesville. My load data always starts 10% under max. Then work up chronographing and reading your cases. The case always tells the tale. The max published load for longshot is 1200fps with a 180gr bullet. The max is way under cip
CIP pressure for the 10mm is 33,000 psi.
CIP pressure for the .40 S&W is 32,633 psi.

SAAMI pressure for the 10mm is 37,500psi.
SAAMI pressure for the .40 S&W is 35,000psi.

factory loaded ammunition is loaded way under what it is safely capable of.

Be careful with these comparisons.......

The length of the case is different. So while the max pressures may be similar, the pressure is distributed over a larger area.

This whole thread seems dangerous to me. People worked out 9mm max loads which rival 40...... But I bet there were a whole bunch of guns blown up before it got written in stone. (And I don't think anyone loads 9mm max with lead bullets in factory barrels.)

I am not trying to throw stones, I am just saying be careful. Other than potbellied brass, there may be little sign of overpressure in a 40 until fingers start flying.

Anyhow, just my worthless opinion. Be careful. 40 max seems like a dangerous row to hoe. That round is already stressing the brass at much lower loads.

That's where long shot comes in. This is a newer powder and it produces great velocity without a lot of pressure. Bullseye or solo1k trying to reach these velocities is unsafe. I can't get more than 1000 without pressure signs from those powders

i will let you guys know how it goes. Loaded 500 last night. Going to shoot them all Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom