• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/10

It is a beautiful morning, good luck also to all who are out there I like Bama will be at church in thanks for all my blessings

No Wind today
very calm
the leaves are soft no crunching

strange but good that I have not seen any Squirrels the last couple of Hunts
and I have only shot 14 prior to Gun Season

when i was a Kid there was No Hunting in Georgia on Sunday
but we hunted Ft. Benning Reservation (no check-in or sign-in back then) shotgun only
I used to Hunt near Buena Vista Rd and 10th Armored Division Rd close to Headleys Pond on up to Chastworth Rd

not sure if it was a local/County thing (I grew up in Columbus)
you could not buy ammo and Hardware stores were closed on Sunday

Very impressed with 8 yr olds decision making. At 0720 a buck walks out. I left my binoculars at home so helped him get on it and he said nah it’s kinda small. So I look through the scope and he passed on a very nice first or second year 7-8 point. He said he’s after the big 11 lol. Now he’s crashed after all the excitement. Poor kid threw up this morning and still wanted to go.
C8985733-AE7B-40D1-8815-3E96C1A63585.jpeg

Very impressed with 8 yr olds decision making. At 0720 a buck walks out. I left my binoculars at home so helped him get on it and he said nah it’s kinda small. So I look through the scope and he passed on a very nice first or second year 7-8 point. He said he’s after the big 11 lol. Now he’s crashed after all the excitement. Poor kid threw up this morning and still wanted to go. View attachment 2356397

Good luck man. That boy’s got grit. Hope he sees that big 11 and gets to feeling better.

Back
Top Bottom