• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/11 hunt

I’m about to finally get down. I saw one walking in, one doe around 9 Then a coyote. I thought I saw another glimpse of a coyote so I grunted trying to see if I could shoot it. I surprisingly had a buck back behind me grunt back at the top of the ridge. I was waiting to see him and grunted back when he made another grunt, then had another one grunt on the other side of me. I was caught in the middle but never saw them. Saw two more does during all that crazy commotion. Was a beautiful morning. I need to get a few things done but will be back atleast the last couple hours of the afternoon.

774774F9-DEA9-45B1-A83F-A4E5AB8E2AD9.jpeg
1F9F5DE3-4227-4CC1-9DF4-C0B58FF10284.jpeg
Ol lawd wait a minute big mature deer don’t eat out of feeders in daylight,,his days are numbered

Hunted a hardwood bottom from before sun up til noon, no action other than a bunch of turkeys. Beautiful sit in God's outdoors :) Happy Veteran's Day to all who served and good luck if you happen to be out there after it.

Happy Veteran's Day! I haven't been on here much of late, but after looking over the daily hunt threads, it looks like lots of ya'll are having a great year so far so congrats!

After having a non-existent rut last year, I am experiencing one of the most exciting ruts ever with lots of action in person and on camera. And our local rut doesn't even usually start until around the 15th - 20th. I got a 10 pointer on the ground last Friday, and he's not even the big one I've been chasing.

Yesterday morning I'm out, and as soon as legal light starts I see a doe 50 yards in front of me and a buck right behind her in some cover. After a nerve wracking few minutes of waiting for him to step into full view, I see it's a funky rack 6 that I've had on camera quite a bit. They hung around for 15 minutes and then headed off, and I says to myself - self there's no way he keeps her with the bigger bucks in the area. Sure enough last night I have her on camera with a large 9.

So I'm hoping I run into them this afternoon since the doe has the scent for about 72 hours when she's in heat. She's a young doe, and she dumped her button buck well before the other does. It looks like she came into estrus early because all the other does I'm seeing in person and on camera are still alone. Of course if this action keeps up, my nerves are gonna be shot.

Good luck to everyone!

Back
Top Bottom