• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/14/19 Deer hunt

Trying out a new rifle. Ruger American 7.62x39 loud holy crap it’s loud. Let’s see how it hits

It's what I used today. Hornady black ammo. Pierced the skin on back side but did not exit. 75 yard quartering away shot. That gun/bullet will do the job if you do yours. Heres a pic with rifle and another of the recovered bullet.
20191114_175257.jpg
20191114_175748.jpg

Whereabouts are you hunting in Hancock? I hunted last week and I saw a good bit of chasing and saw some pretty good ones at the cooler. Does it look like they're still running does?
Sorry I took so long to answer. I am in north Hancock (Powelton Church Rd) and I think that the chasing has slowed, but I did see a couple of decent bucks. I had one in my crosshairs this morning that I have never laid eyes on. Deer moving good, saw a lot of deer the last three days.

Sorry I took so long to answer. I am in north Hancock (Powelton Church Rd) and I think that the chasing has slowed, but I did see a couple of decent bucks. I had one in my crosshairs this morning that I have never laid eyes on. Deer moving good, saw a lot of deer the last three days.
I'm a stone's throw from you. Good luck. I know I left plenty out there for you!

I sat Tuesday afternoon, all Wednesday and froze my ass off, didn’t see a deer. Thursday morning was cold and windy, saw nothing. I’ve been literally in the stand all day but an hour to eat and prepare for long sits. Finally I get back in the stand Thursday at 12:45. At 1:30 I think I hear Buck’s clacking horns, thrashing behind me. 15 minutes later a buck is right behind my stand grunting and thrashing, right on me but I can’t turn to see him. An hour later a nice 8 point just outside the ears comes cruising by. An hour after that a doe steps foot in the food plot and immediately is tailed by another mature 8 pointer( could be the same one). She runs right under me and the buck chases her right by me. Another doe shows up and is in a hurry. As she leaves a four pointer is walking right under me as another 4 pointer crosses the food plot. I saw no deer for two days, after yesterday afternoon I’d say the rut is on !!! Taylor County FYI.

It's what I used today. Hornady black ammo. Pierced the skin on back side but did not exit. 75 yard quartering away shot. That gun/bullet will do the job if you do yours. Heres a pic with rifle and another of the recovered bullet.
View attachment 2362540 View attachment 2362544
Took this guy just now at about 80 yds headed for a couple does in the field. 123 gr wolf ammo hp dead on blew through and he went down. My biggest so far. 225 hang weight. Didn’t stick around to see what dressed weight was
AD395BC7-E1EA-4732-B75A-5335773B16E0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom